How do you snack and stay in calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Go light on the snacks. Take advantage of the summer fruits. For example a cup of watermelon is 43 cals/sugar.10

0% Greek yogurt with a bit of fresh fruit is probably in the 100 - 200 range.

String cheese under 100
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 100 calorie snak packs. I have to say that the white and chocolate covered pretzels are my favorite! I also like the canned pineapples because they are easy to carry around. Also there are 100 calorie cheese packs now and I love the pepperjack cheese!
    I buy the 100 calorie snack packs. I tend to crave chocolate alot and will eat a pack of the chocolate covered pretzels. I too am a stay at home mom and I just started buying some healthier stuff that i can snack on. i cant do the veggies all the time, so i buy snacks that are just lower calories. One thing that really heps in not wanting snacks is drinking alot of liquids. I get propel zero packets and just carry around a arge water bottle with me...when i want to snack i just drink instead!!! My daily goal is 1400 calories and i usually cant hit it because i am so full after what i do eat, so i usually only get in 1200...good luck!!!
  • pittielover23
    Options
    FILLING snacks! Oreos are great as a treat (and I totally do that), but they are not going to fill you up. I like to snack on either low cal stuff I can eat a lot of (baby carrots, popcorn) or really filling things (greek yogrut, nuts, string cheese).
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA love your pic of the bunny!
    :tongue:
    I don't.... If I snack through out the day, I end up having no calories for dinner. Lol. It's horrible. :) Good thing a sandwich with a serving of fat-free pringles is only 165 calories and enough to fill me up for dinner when I have snacked all my calories away.
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    this soup sounds GREAT!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not the one to ask as i have way to many snacks most of my calories seem to come from snacks vs meals. But for snack my favs are...

Skinny cow ice cream
    Broccolli
    Unsalted saltines and laughing cow cheese wedges
    baked garlic pita chips and hummus
    Weight watchers ice cream bars comparable to snickers bars
    Baked Lays chips
    Bagel thin w/weight watchers cream cheese/peanut butter
    Almonds
    Sugar Free jello snacks
    Bananas
    Watermelon
    Corn on the cob
    Weight watchers coconut candy (when i truly need that chocolate fix) about 150 calories for 3 pieces.
    Fiber one chocolate mocha bar
    My recent fav is
    100 calorie coffee cakes lol

I could go on.... lol but apparently it's working for me.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I snack on things like nectarines, apricots, plums, 0% fat free plain yogurt, string cheese, triscuits. It's so easy to stay within your calorie budget and snack if you snack on the right foods.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Banannas are great snacks. They keep me full for a while too. I just budget them in just like any other food.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In regards to exercise and the baby how old is she? Can you put her in an exersaucer. Well you work out,or do you live in a safe enough neighborhood where you can put her in the stroller and head out for a walk,just thinking of ways you can earn more snack cals :)
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    At work I snack on baby carrots, and usually have some other piece of fruit like an apple, mandarin orange or a few strawberries in the afternoon. If I'm really hungry I'll have a Special K Blueberry snack bar (90 calories). When I come home from work and before I go work out, I'll have something like an ounce of almonds or a Babybel Light cheese. In the evenings, I'll have another piece of fruit--I've really been favoring watermelon and nectarines lately, although my trainer says I should be eating something more like a complex carbohydrate.

I think my biggest craving has been for salty snacks. Potato chips were always a bigger weakness for me than chocolate. I haven't found anything to replace that, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful. I'm trying to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, although I know I can't eliminate them altogether.
  • heididw
    heididw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I keep my three main meals between 900-1000 calories and adjust my snack depending on my exercise on the day. On a day I don't exercise I snack on fruits like blueberries, strawberries and low calorie cereal bars. On the days I do exercise I snack on nuts, flapjacks and higher calorie cereal bars.
  • pussycatjayne
    pussycatjayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodychef.com/Articles/100-snacks-under-100-calories

This is a list of 100 snacks that are under 100 calories - so if in doubt refer to the list!

Happy olive eating yum yum yum
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Plan your snacks!

Got to the grocery store and find healthy snacks that are appealing to you and then plan for them. It is actully easier for me to stay on track when I plan the day before. It is also easier not to give into things when i know I am allowing myself to eat between meals.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Snacks are figured in ahead of time and don't consist of sugar based snacks, Just nuts, fruits, raw veggies and nut butters. I probably could get by without snacks but i'm generally always under 300 cals or more a day roughly even with snacks. Check my diary i eat plenty.
  • Loopyleanne
    Options
    I have fairly low calorie meals - sticking to low calorie, high density things like fruit, veg, lean meat, rice, potatoes with no fat added and low/ no fat items like 0.1% fat yogurt, cottage cheese or fromage frais instead of full fat stuff like cream. I fill up on the meals, which leaves me quite a lot of calories left for snacks. some snacks are healthy but i will ahve choc or cake - just not as much as i used to!! I know i don't HAVE to have the snacks but if i didn't i think i'd go insane!!!