Suggestions for low cal snacks?

Options
REB89
REB89 Posts: 493 Member
I sit at a desk for 9 hours of the day so i would appreciate any ideas people might have for some low calorie snacks that don't require much/ any preperationa nd are easy to take to work. Thanks!

Replies

• REB89
    Options
    I sit at a desk for 9 hours of the day so i would appreciate any ideas people might have for some low calorie snacks that don't require much/ any preperationa nd are easy to take to work. Thanks!
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I'm at work, I have a 1/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios about every 2-3 hours with a 20 oz. bottle of water. Curbs my cravings and helps me fight my cholesterol at the same time (mine's a little out of whack).
  • jmw1617
    Options
    I really like the bags of mini rice cakes and they come in a lot of different flavors. I also like the 100 cal packs. If you really want to be healthy try to cut up some veggies the night before and bring a small container of light ranch dressing to snack on. Hope that was helpful:)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    grapes and mini carrot sticks are good. Also, yogurt, beef jerky,
    and various other fruits.
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    I sit at a desk for 9 hours a day too! I have the following snacks during the day: (I prepare them at home so that I have them all ready to go when I get to work.)

* Apple with skin - 72 calories (or pick your favorite fruit..or two!)

* 12 Almonds - 83 calories (I have them with 4 Brazilnuts - 93 calories) (I know it sounds lame to count them out, but apparently this is how thin people live - they have a small portion of something and then they STOP. Go figure! :wink: )

* Diet fruit yogurt 0% fat - 60 calories

AND I keep a basket of sugar-free sucking candies in a variety of flavors on my desk (and sugar-free gum) for emergencies!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am also at a desk all day. I keep bags of pistacios in my drawer and drink lots of water. A small handful of pistacios (unsalted) can fill you up, they take time to eat because you have to break every shell individually so you don't eat mindlessly, and have excellent health benefits. 100cal packs are also great if you need something sweet, or yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese and a handful of grape tomatoes, and chewing sugarfree gum.
    Good luck!!!
  • REB89
    Options
    All great ideas, I think i'll be preparing some snacks the ngiht beofre that I can take in with me. I appreciate the help, thanks!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm not a big veggie person...LOL
    I love the FiberOne granola bars (140 cal..but worth it, and filling)
    I also like the EAS chocolate shakes...only 110 cal and also very very filling...
    Another fav is a quick pb and jelly sandwich on WW or TJ whole wheat bread...only 80-90n cals
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Apples. Put some PB in a very small container and you can pre-cut the apples at home, put them in a Zip Lock bag, a little lemon juice and suck all the air out of the bag so the apples don't brown. Looks funny but works!