who is your biggest supporter?

Options
2»

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    My husband who never pushed me to lose weight and I always made sure I knew that he loves me either way

this one for me too.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    In regards to support for changing my lifestyle - My fitness Pals are my biggest support. I feel very bless to have such awesome people in my lives. Sometimes, I just wish I could reach into the screen and give them Huge hugs!
  • cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    :wink:
    Well My biggest supporter was my Grandmother whom pasted away 3 wks tomorrow, That was very tough to get thru and I still miss her so very much.:frown: . I wasn't sure If I was going to be able to continue on my weightloss Journey then I realized I have My wonderful MFP family that counts on me everyday for support and encouragement.. And there is no way I will let them down or my Grandmother who is now cheering me on from Heaven... :heart:

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was very hard. On the other hand, way to turn it around and know that she is still watching and cheering you on. I bet she is still just as proud of you and always will be in whatever you do. :flowerforyou:
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Well My biggest supporter was my Grandmother whom pasted away 3 wks tomorrow, That was very tough to get thru and I still miss her so very much.:frown: . I wasn't sure If I was going to be able to continue on my weightloss Journey then I realized I have My wonderful MFP family that counts on me everyday for support and encouragement.. And there is no way I will let them down or my Grandmother who is now cheering me on from Heaven... :heart:

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was very hard. On the other hand, way to turn it around and know that she is still watching and cheering you on. I bet she is still just as proud of you and always will be in whatever you do. :flowerforyou:

Awww.. Thank you for being so sweet:smile:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My wife. No question about it. Throught thick(lots of thick) and thin, she has always been my ride or die chick. Running a close second would be my cousin Jerry. Before MFP, I posted my progress on FB, and if I went 2 days without posting something about exercise or healthy eating, he would call me out on it. If he found out I was at TGIFridays, he would want to know what I had to eat. Thanks JW, for being in my corner. Love you man.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Myself and my MFP pals...I haven't told anyone apart from my kids and one sister, no one else has said a word (54lb down and not noticeable?!) My kids are pretty supportive but my 13 year old says he wants me to stay as I am now :huh: He likes having a cuddly mum :noway:

I know how that feels. My husband and I were living in diff. locations when I started this (long story) and I didn't say a word to anyone about trying to loose weight. It had been months and he finally said one day...have you lost a couple of pounds? I was like...Uh, yeah-a couple of pounds-add 50 on to that and you got it about right. I couldn't BELIEVE that he had not noticed.

My 9yr old daughter is my biggest support. She is always letting me know how good I look and telling me, "I'm so proud of you mom." She is a great listener when I want to talk or vent. If I have not gotten in my run or walk that day, she is my own little personal trainer. "Mom, are you going to get out there and run or not! You did eat that ice cream cone this afternoon you know! Come on...I'll go with ya." I am so glad that she is proud of me and want nothing more than to be a good example for my kids. She is a VERY healthy eater...this girl eats salad as an after school snack and fruit like CRAZY and hummus is a staple. When I ask if there is anything my kids want me to add to this weeks grocery list...her suggestions last week were jicama and mangos (my son asked me to buy Hershey bars and bologna:) Her healthy eating habits rub off on me and make me want to make sure I'm providing myself and all of my family with the healthiest meals and snacks...and ignoring my son's pleas for bologna.

My 3 boys are supportive of mommy too, but THANK YOU MORGAN...I hope I can keep making you proud!
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    I wish I could say my husband but he doesnt get why or even thinks that i have a weight problem. I showed him a picture of when i was 192lbs and he said "what?' He is either blind or in big time denial. I know its supose to be a good thing to love someone no matter what but come on? I think if you love them you should push them to be "healthy." He hardly makes any comments about how far i've come. When other ppl tell him how great I look he says "yeah now she's on me to stop eating pizza and drinking beer." Ok off my soapbox! My sister and my mother have always been there for me and have listened to it all!!! Now i got my MFP peeps and they ROCK!!

Also libby you look so good for having little ones! I wish i had your determination and this site after I had my little ones. I remember it being so hard to juggle a baby, a toddler and a job plus trying to exercise. So congrats! you look great!!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say my husband but he doesnt get why or even thinks that i have a weight problem. I showed him a picture of when i was 192lbs and he said "what?' He is either blind or in big time denial. I know its supose to be a good thing to love someone no matter what but come on? I think if you love them you should push them to be "healthy." He hardly makes any comments about how far i've come. When other ppl tell him how great I look he says "yeah now she's on me to stop eating pizza and drinking beer." Ok off my soapbox! My sister and my mother have always been there for me and have listened to it all!!! Now i got my MFP peeps and they ROCK!!

Also libby you look so good for having little ones! I wish i had your determination and this site after I had my little ones. I remember it being so hard to juggle a baby, a toddler and a job plus trying to exercise. So congrats! you look great!!

Thank you, not going to lie I am tired! Every time I want to quit I just think about how far I have come and how badly I want to be happy!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I would have to say ME first and foremost. I am the one talking to myself when I step on the scale. I am the one weighing out what I am eating that day and the exercise I have gotten in. I am the one patting myself on the back for NSV's. I am the one telling myself to think outside the box and mix things up with the exercise and DOING IT.

My 13yo daughter has to be the next biggest supporter. She is amazing and always knows the right thing to say and is always coming up with NSV's for me. She keeps me in check too to make sure I have worked out enough that day.

My MFP friends are a big #3...you all are terrific!

My husband and my parents are quiet supporters in the background. I know they want big things for me but only talk about it if I bring it up and want to talk. They aren't pushing me, crowding me, or pressuring me and I am grateful.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I also love my friends in here, I keep telling my cousin that wants to lose baby weight to get her tail in her, she hasn't but once she does I know she will never be sorry! In my experience tho the people that are the least supportive are the ones that say stuff like " I hate you I never looked like that after I had kids" I want to scream at them cause it takes hard work. Can't keep putting a bag of jelly beans in your belly and expect to lose weight! Anyways lol big hugs out there to you all cause you are amazing!