New!!

Options
arw060310
arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
I don't really know what to say, so I'll be quick. I was 130lbs 3 years ago. But after getting on the Depo shot, I gained 25lbs, and could not lose it for the life of me. And at 5'4 I was feeling really down and depressed at my large size. So a little over a month ago, I decided to take control and make something work for me. So I've been walking as much as possible with a friend, and I've lost 8-9lbs so far! My ultimate goal is to be 135 by November when my husband comes home for R&R from Afghanistan!

Replies

• avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome. You will get alot of support here!! You can do it ,we will be here every step of the way!!:flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss goals. What branch of service is your hubby in? Mine is retired Army. My son is active duty Army and my son-in-law is active duty Navy.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family!

My nephew just returned from Afghanistan earlier this month! He's in the Marines.

Congrats on taking control of you health and happy body transformation!

ttfn
    Kyle :-p
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Welcome to MFP!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps keep you with portions. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture.
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome you in the right place you can do this!
  • skeeter27
    skeeter27 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all!! I was talking to a friend that graduated with me 10 years ago yesterday and she had lost a lot of weight and she told me this is how she did it. I'm really not sure about all the execrising but I'm willing to give this a try. I want to lose 50lbs. I really just need to be educated about the program a little more.
  • dirtyjeepgirl
    Options
    Hi all. I am also new to MFP. I have been a relatively heavy girl for all of my adult life. I was trim in high school, then immediately after high school got married, had kids and boom, I was done. I was actually ok about my weight ( maybe too used to it or in denial?) until this past December when my husband and I decided to quit smoking. I was happy to finally rid myself of that burden but quickly realized one burden ( smoking) was getting replaced by another ( gaining even more weight). My husband "Twistedjeepster" also joined MFP since he has gotten to a weight that he is uncomfortable with and we both started going to the gym. I lost 2 pounds in just this first week of going to the gym and watching my portion sizes. I have three children who are routing for us both and we feel really good about finally taking the steps to get healthy and feel better.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone for your fast replies!!! I definitely need the support for the remaining weight and I'm so glad I came here! Thanks!