Help Please!

Options
2»

Replies

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I ate a huge bowl of homemade mac and cheese last night. I kept my calories lower during the day so that I could make that meal last night and enjoy a decent sized portion. It was delicious and I have no regrets. I do this regularly with higher calorie foods that I really enjoy, it's all about balance and keeping yourself accountable in your logging so that you stay within your calorie goals. Good luck and enjoy your food (in moderation)! :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The 42 pounds I lost using MFP? I gained them as a vegan. I lost them as a vegan too, but veganism isn't a weight loss plan. You can easily maintain your weight or even gain weight as a vegan. If weight loss is your goal, I suggest using the tools on this website.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I know plenty of overweight Vegans and Vegetarians...smdh These arent weightloss diets, they are apart of a lifestyle. I would just follow the CICO method and enjoy the foods you like in moderation.If you want to lighten some dishes, use pinterest fir ideas. Buy a food scale!!!!! I was reluctant for a long time but it makes a world of a difference and allows you to have a better understanding of portions and serving size. Oh and regarding your fitness goals, I would try different exercises such a running, rowing, spinning, swimming, and other classes to explore what you like. Doing what you love will help you stick with it. I would also included strength training. You can find many free apps or YouTube to help with routine and form. GL!
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste is a good website with lots of lower-calories versions of recipes. You could look for the things you like to eat but make them be lower calorie so you can enjoy them (while still having a reasonable-sized portion). It's great to say that you can keep eating everything in smaller quantities, but I know lots of times I'm just not satisfied to eat one rib or 1/4 cup of baked mac and cheese...
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    If mac and cheese, ribs and pork chops are on your list, I'd suggest avoiding a vegan diet. You can still get fat being a vegan, but in the unlikely event that you did manage to get to your goal this way, you'd rocket right back up when the mac and cheese, ribs and pork chops were reintroduced (because you met your goal, right?).

Eat less. Log it all. Find recipes that are lighter for favorites.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste, Cooking Light, and AllRecipes - Low Calorie & Healthy Recipes sections

Take your favorite Mac & Cheese recipe. Then look at the "light" recipes. They will give you lots of ideas. You can make over just about anything.