I'm just plain sick of my skinny legs after weight loss

Options
Some quick info about me. I'm a 30 y.o. male that started off at 217 lbs. I'm down to 195. My goal weight is 185. I have a naturally bigger upper body, broad shoulders.

When I lose weight, it always comes off my legs first and leaves me with skinny legs. I can't stand it. I feel so disproportionate. My pants look baggy and I generally just feel like garbage no matter whether I'm heavy or thinner. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. If I bulk to put mass on legs, I'll gain some fat back with it. Ughhhh!!!

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I share your pain, so let us swap places. I would give you my thighs for FREE.
  • kameo_kid
    kameo_kid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that Id take you up on that offer?
  • nicole_j
    nicole_j Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How often do you train your legs? You should be training them hard 2-3 times per week. Most men at my gym spend way too much time working on their biceps and chest and not enough time training legs. They look like fools.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You need more leg days then.

As a woman, losing my butt made me feel really insecure. It got super flat! So I started pilates and squatting and brought it back in a much better way. Stop hating and start doing. People build muscle without gaining fat all the time, especially men.
  • kameo_kid
    kameo_kid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    nicole_j wrote: »
    How often do you train your legs? You should be training them hard 2-3 times per week. Most men at my gym spend way too much time working on their biceps and chest and not enough time training legs. They look like fools.

Only once a week. I am so swamped with work and school I don't get a lot of gym time. What kind of split do you recommend?

brb_2013 wrote: »
    You need more leg days then.

As a woman, losing my butt made me feel really insecure. It got super flat! So I started pilates and squatting and brought it back in a much better way. Stop hating and start doing. People build muscle without gaining fat all the time, especially men.

I know you're all ladies, but I appreciate the motivation, even as a male. Love you, fam

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    I would think at your age and size a good weight training program for your legs would build them up nicely. Look online for programs or go to the "Fitness" thread on this board. You'll get lots of good ideas.