Thai food question

I am going out to lunch with a friend and we are going to split chicken pad Thai. How would you calculate this for calories if I eat only a quarter of a serving and with a salad and their creamy garlic dressing? Thanks!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    For stuff like this I typically look at what is in the database (or other sources online) for a calorie count and use the amount of the higher calorie item I find as a baseline for my guess.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Thai food is spicy and delicious. The secret ingredient? Coconut milk. It makes curries smooth, and it’s high in saturated fat. Scan the menu instead for stir fries or noodle dishes, and ask to have your dinner steamed or made with vegetable oil. Choose chicken rather than beef, throw in some extra veggies, and enjoy guilt-free.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Thai food is spicy and delicious. The secret ingredient? Coconut milk. It makes curries smooth, and it’s high in saturated fat. Scan the menu instead for stir fries or noodle dishes, and ask to have your dinner steamed or made with vegetable oil. Choose chicken rather than beef, throw in some extra veggies, and enjoy guilt-free.

Coconut milk is not a typical ingrediet in Pad Thai. Even if it were, there is no reason to eliminate coconut milk from the diet.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I'd probably just pick a restaurant chain that advertises their nutrition information. PF Changs has chicken pad thai at 1140 calories per plate. LINK
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    It's also already in the database. qaxzq399wkuf.jpg
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Thanks! I enjoyed guilt free chicken pad Thai!! I figured I would have a cheat day today since I just got to goal and have lost 21 lbs once Feb! Tomorrow I'll be back at it again with eating healthier. It's good to live and have a day like this now and again but I couldn't eat like this every day or I would be back to square 1.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    joobey wrote: »
    Thanks! I enjoyed guilt free chicken pad Thai!! I figured I would have a cheat day today since I just got to goal and have lost 21 lbs once Feb!

Congratulations! I'm glad you enjoyed your well-deserved celebratory meal.

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    64crayons wrote: »
    Thanks! I enjoyed guilt free chicken pad Thai!! I figured I would have a cheat day today since I just got to goal and have lost 21 lbs once Feb!

64crayons wrote: »

Thank you! I didn't feel guilty when I ate it but this evening I have felt bad because I did go over my 1200 calorie limit which I haven't done this whole time...ok...maybe once or twice lol! But I feel so much better eating lighter throughout the day and saving up for my snacks in the evening.