My body wants me to eat.. having a hard day

Options
enieto2021
enieto2021 Posts: 14 Member
So I've been doing meal prep and basically just watching my calories for about 3 weeks, I've messed up a few times maybe 4 days total in about 21 days. . And it wasn't that bad, had an extra serving of I've cream, or 2 tacos too much lol.. but today my body is like super hungry, it just wants to eat and eat.. I'm wondering if this has happened to you guys? Maybe it's because this journey is new and my body is fighting it??Idk but any advice or tips of how to stop this hunger lol my daily cals intake is 1350 I'm 5'5 170 lbs so I don't think I'm starving my body, but who knows. Thanks

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did you recently just start working out a lot? The only time my body acts like that is due to just exercising a whole lot - eventually it evened out and wasn't so bad. You can try drinking more water to trick your body into believing you're full.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    This happens to me the day after leg day, and also the whole week before my monthly visitor is due for a visit.
  • enieto2021
    Options
    I'm not working out yet, =/ I want to but I just haven't started.. I keep telling myself I'm working on my eating habits first, because I over eat.. but I think I need to start exercising. .
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me a lot. Water has never worked for me, it just makes me feel worse. You may be eating too little, try a snack with some protein, fats and fiber, like cheese and whole grain crackers, apples and peanut butter (my favorite) or greek yogurt with fruit. You may have to rethink your calorie amount and increase it to stay on track.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    enieto2021 wrote: »
    So I've been doing meal prep and basically just watching my calories for about 3 weeks, I've messed up a few times maybe 4 days total in about 21 days. . And it wasn't that bad, had an extra serving of I've cream, or 2 tacos too much lol.. but today my body is like super hungry, it just wants to eat and eat.. I'm wondering if this has happened to you guys? Maybe it's because this journey is new and my body is fighting it??Idk but any advice or tips of how to stop this hunger lol my daily cals intake is 1350 I'm 5'5 170 lbs so I don't think I'm starving my body, but who knows. Thanks

When this happens I'll recalculate my goals to maintenance. Sometimes it happens there is nothing wrong with that. Usually I'll still be under maintenance and still at a weight loss. So when you have one of those days. Do it.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I can set my calories and meal prep. I will occasionally go over if I know I'm cutting it too short. My days are set at 1200 but I usually allow myself closer to 1400... however I am also aware that if I don't take an appetite suppressant I will be starving all day. It sucks and I know it's frowned upon, but it works for me and since I gave up soda/coffee it allows me to get my caffeine so that I'm awake all day, focused, and no caffeine withdrawl headaches.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Your body has evolved to store food and gather as much as possible before it runs out. It always wants food. You just need to use your mind and not listen to your body. Breakfast will be there in the morning. It's not a question anymore.
  • nicolebarnhill32
    nicolebarnhill32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, you could be going to start your period with the next week or ovulation ..women usually like to eat more around those times. Completely natural. Don't worry. Just try to stick to your calories. .. munch on pickles, it really helps!
  • tostuermann
    tostuermann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I actually read a blog on this a while back (it was in the blog archives). As you become more active you should change the balance of what you eat. If you change your profile (like from not active at all to active) it will change the amount of protein, carbs, fat etc. in your goals. I did it and I don't feel like I'm starving anymore!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I see you like tacos and lasagna. Try changing up to some high fiber foods. Add more fruits and veggies to your diet also. Try popcorn when you are hungry. Alot of what you are eating is high in sodium. that makes you thirsty. Sometimes people mistake thirst as hunger. Try drinking a bottle of water and waiting 15 minutes before eating. The feeling may just pass.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Did you get enough sleep last night? I tend to feel more hungry on days after I've had a poor night's sleep. If you really need it have a healthy, satisfying snack with a good balance of protein, fiber and fat.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I recommend kissing your sweetheart. Your lips being occupied tells the brain it isn't hungry... Plus, you're getting to kiss someone. If you don't have a sweetheart, there's no time like the present.
  • giorgioc722
    giorgioc722 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes, and I just tell myself a normal person would have stopped at this point. Can't tell you why, but it makes me stop haha.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? When my appetite spikes up premenstrually, I honor it and eat at maintenance for a few days.

I will also get like this when I am sleep deprived or if I've had too many carbs in relationship to protein.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    as others have said are you expecting your period soon? i always eat the entire house the day or two before it starts and once it starts its all good

i think you are eating too low of a daily goal might want to bump it up
  • enieto2021
    Options
    I have pcos so I don't really get a period... I just ate veggies and chicken breast, I'm hoping the protein helps me tonight lol
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Eat five servings of green beans, brussel sprouts, carrots or brocolli. No salt. No sirracha. Garlic, pepper, lemon juice, etc. are fine. By the end you probably won't actually be "hungry". You may still crave something sweet, since sugar can be addictive, but chances are you won't be hungry if you're eating sufficient calories.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? When my appetite spikes up premenstrually, I honor it and eat at maintenance for a few days.

I will also get like this when I am sleep deprived or if I've had too many carbs in relationship to protein.

This happens to me... Stupid monthly shtuff.

This is a good idea tho cause it's so easy to stuff your face with cheetos and chocolate at this time..
  • Mile_High_Runner
    Mile_High_Runner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Seems like I'm always hungry when I'm counting those dang calories. Chewing gum helps fight off the desire to stuff my mouth with food. I'm always hungry. Lost over 40 lbs since last fall but I still need to drop another 13 and these last pounds are tough to get off. I've been stuck at my current weight for a few weeks, however I've been cheating some lately. Snacking at night lately, need to stop it focus on dropping these last 13 pounds.