Possible to get a 'Beach body' by June or July?

KaleiAlanaSmith
KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I started this journey a few weeks ago to lose weight and get fit! I lost 5 pounds so far (was 145 now 140). My ultimate goal for right now is to get to 130-135 by June or July this summer. Do you think that's possible? I workout to Daily Burn Strength training and Daily Burn 365 cardio 5 or 6 times a week and eat 1400 calories a day. I am 19 and have NEVER felt comfortable in a bikini.... I know I started this journey a little late but I'm still hopeful that I can reach my goal by sometime this summer (and I don't plan on stopping this lifestyle this summer either)!! I'm mostly just super embarrassed about my pooch stomach and muffin top. Hopefully those can slim down, I just want some confidence and motivation!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    It's possible. Stick to your calorie goals and as long as you are losing .5 pound/week you should get there.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Loosing at about .5lb/week (since you're so close to goal), you'll get awful close to it.
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    cityruss wrote: »
    You are allowed on the beach whatever 'body' you have.

Very true! I just have never felt confident about myself and want that to change this summer. I'm
    tired of covering up with a towel and comparing myself to others. I want to rock my own body one day!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    OP, what is your height?
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    OP, what is your height?

5 foot 7 1/2
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    if you own a bathing suit, and a body....you are all set!

Still need a beach...
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Of course you can meet that goal. Stick with your plan (which is working), don't be put off by any temporary "plateaus" and you'll rock it!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    OP your goal is more than doable. Just stay consistent and enjoy the summer!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited April 2016
    OP, IMHO you're possibly going about this the wrong way.....

You're already pretty much dead center for a healthy weight/BMI for your height. I would recommend investigating a recomp. Losing 5 more lbs probably won't give you the aesthetics you think/want. You'll lose some of that last 5lbs in LBM (muscle) so your BF% may not change very much, so what you see probably won't change a ton.

Are you eating 1400 gross or net?

Edit to drop this off:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    I'm a little under 5'8" and 157 right now. I would shove out on a beach in a bathing suit if it was hot enough. You are already pretty darn lean and it might come down to self love and acceptance rather than being a certain size for the beach. Just my opinion here.
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    RGv2 wrote: »

You're already pretty much dead center for a healthy weight/BMI for your height. I would recommend investigating a recomp. Losing 5 more lbs probably won't give you the aesthetics you think/want. You'll lose some of that last 5lbs in LBM (muscle) so your BF% may not change very much, so what you see probably won't change a ton.

Edit to drop this off:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Netting! Sometimes less than 1400 depending on how much i burn working out. Last summer I weighed 132, then gained 13 pounds my first year of college, so I am trying to get back to that!! I hate that I gained so much in college so far..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2016
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    I'm a little under 5'8" and 157 right now. I would shove out on a beach in a bathing suit if it was hot enough. You are already pretty darn lean and it might come down to self love and acceptance rather than being a certain size for the beach. Just my opinion here.

That was my thought, too.
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    JayRuby84 wrote: »

That was my thought, too.

Self love is definitely needed.... What bothers me is that last summer I weighed 132 and this past year was caught in the 'freshman 15' of college, so I'm really trying to get back to my happy place!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member

Edit to drop this off:

Netting! Sometimes less than 1400 depending on how much i burn working out. Last summer I weighed 132, then gained 13 pounds my first year of college, so I am trying to get back to that!! I hate that I gained so much in college so far..

If you were 132 last year and, as stated in the op, "never felt comfortable in a bikini", then what do you think will be different/are you doing differently now to feel comfortable in one at the same weight?

I gained confidence as I grew older, I hope the same for you!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2016
    OP, what is your height?

5 foot 7 1/2

We are the same height and about the same weight. Dfferent body composition. I wear a size US 4.

Ive been where you are. I've been 145 and wore a size US 8/10 my stomach didn't look the way I would like my thighs ugh all over the place. I had a higher body fat to lean body mass ratio.

Dopping 10 lbs will only make you a smaller version of the body you have now. If you drop the weight great. I understand summer is coming. I'm in a cut myself. If you haven't started already do some resistance training. It helps A LOT
  • KaleiAlanaSmith

Edit to drop this off:

If you were 132 last year and, as stated in the op, "never felt comfortable in a bikini", then what do you think will be different/are you doing differently now to feel comfortable in one at the same weight?

I gained confidence as I grew older, I hope the same for you!

Even though I weighed 132 I still wasn't happy because I didn't work out, so I just felt flappy and had some rolls I wasn't proud of. But this time I'm looking to get into really good shape. I'm not just looking to get fit and lose weight for the summer, but I am also trying to change myself for the better for the rest of my life!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I think it sounds like a reasonable goal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

Edit to drop this off:

What are you grossing?

I highly recommend the link I posted earlier.