Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Facts about gaining weight

beamie2687
beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
Every couple of days, there is a new post about things you learn when you lose weight. I thought it might be fun to include a post about things you learn when you gain. I was thinking about fat gain generally or for something like pregnancy (fat between your toes???), but I'm open to muscle gain too (can lift your children easier). It might be inspirational to someone who, like me, has been through several quick weight drops and gains.

For me, the most surprising thing was that feet can gain weight! When I was 40lbs thinner I wore a straight 8.5 in shoes, but after gaining I drift into 9s pretty frequently unless there's a wide option.

I've also been lifting recently, and find that it's SO MUCH EASIER to carry groceries now lol

What have been your experiences?

Replies

• ahumanpug
    ahumanpug Posts: 13 Member
    When you take a bath and realize only 10% of your body is actually in the water.

Having to manually adjust your fat to buckle a seatbelt.
  • beamie2687
    Hahaha yes! ^
  • jmbrown090
    jmbrown090 Posts: 48 Member
    When I got to my biggest (about 245) I realized I couldn't just bend over and pick something up. I had to make a big production about squatting down and making sure my pants stayed up and attempting to suck in my tummy so I only a few rolls..... Good times. Not so much a problem at 178.

I second the seat belt thing!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Your wardrobe dwindling down to yoga pants. That panic when Nothing fits and you cannot enjoy a special event because you are stuffed like a sausage into a frumpy dress you bought only because it fits, not because you actually like it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I bulked and gained through the winter. Since the gains were fairly consistent it was the first time in my life I literally grew out of my clothes right before my eyes. My face filled out again. I had some really high surplus days full of carbs and sugar that made me feel horrible and I learned there is a definite line I cannot cross there. I learned to focus on performance and strength goals when I started feeling down about my appearance. I was hitting PRs almost every session.

I stopped shopping. I wore leggings almost all the time. I saved money!
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    The biggest shock I've had having gained 100lbs is the struggle to put socks and shoes on. It feels like trying to touch your toes with a beach all up your tshirt!

And also, snoring!
  • beamie2687
    I love all of these! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!