Ladies who started over 200lbs - when did you notice a difference in clothes?!

Options
I'm new to this weight loss thing, so I'd like to hear from others who are at a similar starting point to me :) I'm not in a mad rush and I'm aware it takes a while but I think it'd be nice to have a general idea.

For reference: I started at 220, currently 209. UK size 18 currently (and total pear shape so I'm aware it may take longer for me to see a difference clothes wise)

Thank you ^__^

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Started at 202.5. I believe it took me 20 pounds to go down one size. As you get smaller, the "space" between sizes gets smaller. Overall I've gone from 16w/18 to 6/8 in 55 pounds.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    30lbs to drop the first size. 20lbs to drop the next.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    started at 294, went down a size at 30lbs lost but probably could have at 20.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I started at 214, wearing a 16. At 200, 14 fit comfortably and now at 188, just about in a 12 (depending on the designer). For my height (5'9"), I seem to lose a size for every 15-ish pounds that I drop.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I was a US 14 at 210 pounds. I'm now 173 and am in an US 8. I went to a 12 around the 200 mark, and was pretty much there until very recently. I seemed to skip over the sizes in between. One day the 12's fit, the next they were falling off it seemed.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I started at 211 lbs. It wasn't until about 30 lbs that I dropped a pant size. I know at 25 they were loose, but still the same size, because I wrote about it on my blog, lol. I had however lost some inches, just not enough to drop a size. I was in a tiiiight US 16 when I started.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I started at 202 and a too-snug size US 16. First 20 lost dropped me to a loose 14 and by 30 into a 10/12 depending on make. Working towards that loose 10 next :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 30lbs to go down 1 size :#
  • LadyGauche
    LadyGauche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! 30lbs seems to be the average here I'm nearly a third of the way to a UK 16 I hope then ^__^
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    started at 215 (size 16) - it was about 20 pounds before I went down a size. I went from a US 16 to a US size 0 (at one point). The smaller I got the the fewer the pounds lost before I went down a size.

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I started at 238lbs and am now just under 223lbs and have gone from a 16 to a snug 14.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Started at 270lbs UK size 20 and now at 240 I'm a UK size 16-18. This seriously just happened in the last couple of weeks. The going down a size part.

edited for clarification
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Around 20 lbs.
  • nicolebarnhill32
    nicolebarnhill32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, this is my 4th time doing this diet thing. Lol. After my first pregancy years ago I was 218 lbs, then it took about 1month with everyday walking and calorie restrictions 1400 to start seeing the difference, In 3 months time I was 176lbs.then well,I got preganat again and actually lost weight during that pregnancy becasue I was already use to my 1400 cals a day..I should have eaten more but went to 163 lbs. I got pregnant again went up this time to 220 after baby... it took me @7 months this time around with the same strict diet and excerise and I went to a 168,
    Theb i got preganat again with baby#4 this time i went to a 210 and currently, I'm 173 and it has taken 2 years ...you see.. it all depends on your age too. The younger the easier!#### eat 1400 cals a day, stay active the weight will come off. I'm 33 and it is much harder now then it was when i was 18. Don't give up because everyone is different and as I said age matters too
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I go down a size about every 10 pounds. About 40 lost now and have gone from 18 to very loose 12. I was at 50 loss and wearing a 10 (US) but gained over holiday. I started at 219.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I started at 213. I thought I was a 18. Then at 175 I had to buy new Summer clothes and was shocked to realize that I fit in 14s, but my 18s still fit fine!

Bottom line is that it doesn't mean much. Often clothes stretch out after a while (I had been wearing them for years). I was probably really a 20 or something when I started. The funny thing? The next size I bought (a few months later, in the Fall) was size 8s. They were tight but I fit in them.

I usually buy the same brand (Lee, because it's cheap and they have high waist jeans), so it was easy for me to compare sizes.
  • curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started at 340lbs After 2 weeks i noticed a change. I did not have to dance to get into my pants. I then weighed and I had lost 9lbs I am also over 55 yrs of age and my metabolism has slowed down quiet a bit. That usually happens after menopause. It works differently for different people, so as they say "it will work if you keep working it".
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I started, this time, at 314. I would say around 290 I really noticed a clothes difference- but I had a good deal from all over to lose so it wasn't surprising. I noticed loss in my face first. I've noticed a larger change from 260-ish to the mid 240's though - IE Dammit are these pants getting big? I hate pant shopping.
  • ChihuahuaMeme
    ChihuahuaMeme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was 150 lbs overweight and it took me 25 lbs before I started to fit into smaller clothes. Most of my weight was around my hips, legs and belly.
  • eleesJourney
    eleesJourney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! When I lost weight last year I began to notice the difference when I lost about 25 pounds. Then I went from 242 to 190 and was down from an 18 to ALMOST an 11. That felt great!
    HOWEVER, after an accident I unfortunately went back up to 234 lbs. sooo my size 11's are patiently waiting in the closet