Question about coffee

Options
cas122777
cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
I am a coffee drinker in the morning. my 'toppings' of choice are sugar and fat free flavored coffee creamer. In my quest to eat better and lose weight, i have started eliminating the sugar from the coffee. it has only been a week and i don't miss the sugar. My question is, will I notice a difference in my weight loss, or is that such a small part of the diet that it won't make a difference? Either way i won't put the sugar back in, I am just wondering? Thought?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    If this was a major source of refined sugar in your diet and their aren't many other daily contributing sources it could help you loose a few inches of your middle.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Depends how many cups of coffee and how much sugar you were adding to it. If you were having several cups of coffee and/or they were heavily sweetened, then you'll notice a bigger impact than if you had one cup with very little sugar.

It's not only the calories though--the sugar was also spiking your insulin, which encourages your body to store fat. So there will also be some benefit by reducing or eliminating the insulin spike.

Your flavored creamer probably has sugar in it though. So you're still sweetening your coffee. ;)
  • cas122777
    cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great input so far, thanks!!! My daily coffee consisted of three cups of coffee in a travel mug with about 4 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of the creamer.