8-5 hour job need motivation

Options
1235»

Replies

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I work 8+ hour days and commute 3 hours round-trip (by car, train and foot). I go to the gym in the AM two weekdays and one weekend day a week. I walk 1.5 miles (r/t) from the train to work. If I have a little extra time, I'll take a walk at lunch, but I usually work through lunch to try to leave a little early because I also am a single parent of two children.

Seriously, I'm busy but it's not insurmountable. What you eat is more important than how much you move. Plan your days and stick to it.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Desk Jockey and I have (2) 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch and I walk on my breaks. I work out after work, either gym or run. The printer that I use is the furthest away from me. I take the long route to the bathroom. I also meal prep, same breakfast and lunch M-F.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I prep my lunches for the week on Sunday, and throughout the day I don't let myself snack unless I actually am hungry (or I really want something and can fit it into my calories). I work out after work.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I work out when I get off work. Done and done.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I work 7a-4p M-f.

My commute is 2+ (depending on traffic that day) hours one way.

I get home, help with the children, then go to the gym around 7. I'm there for a hour, then my wife goes.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Our busy season at work starts mid-April to the end of November. I work very long hours. Have a 45 minute commute one way. I get up very early and go to the gym before work. Every day, no excuses for being too tired after work. Park as far as possible from the door. Walk around the office the long way every time I get up from my desk. Go up and down the stairs every time I get up from my desk. I have a desk that I can either stand at or sit at. It raises up and down. I take our dogs for a long walk in the evenings now that it is still light out when I get home. I always get between 18K-20K steps daily on my fit bit. This has been pretty consistent since 1/1/14 when it was my New Years Resolution for 2014. Where there is a will, there is a way. No excuses for me anymore. 64 years old, and DH works 2-10pm.
  • giorgioc722
    giorgioc722 Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I work 8-4, sometimes longer sometimes shorter. I got to school on my days off and friday sat I have school till 7. I bring my meals with me and always make quick dinners. Rest of the time goes to physical activities outside. Works for me, but then again it's not exercise I just like doing stuff :p

I like to look at my job and other sitting time as rest for the rest of the day when I'm gonna be killing it till I'm too tired.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My alarm is also set for 5am every morning, and I am at the gym by 5:45, get my workout in and am showered and out of the door by 7:30. I love, love, love working out 1st thing in the AM and getting it DONE :)