anyone use nuwave oven or TFal air fryer?

Options
I don't know where to post this so I hope it's ok. I was wondering if anyone has used a T-Fal actifry machine? Also has anyone used a nuwave oven? If so, what are the best things you've made and or how do you like the products? Thanks!

Replies

• hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    We've had a Nu Wave oven for years and LOVE it. We wore out our first one and are on our second one. You can cook meat from frozen and it comes out really juicy. I cook steak, chicken, pork, burgers, seafood, shrimp, etc. on it. We've used it some for things like biscuits and frozen pizza but not as much as meat. We've also used it for cooking veggies and potatoes. Unless we are using the outdoor grill, it's the only way we cook meat. You would be amazed at how much fat is in the bottom tray after cooking bacon. And I like my bacon really crisp.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We have an actifry and really like it. We do all kinds of fries, good for veggies and although not that healthy it is the best thing for making bacon.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    hockey7fan wrote: »
    We've had a Nu Wave oven for years and LOVE it. We wore out our first one and are on our second one. You can cook meat from frozen and it comes out really juicy. I cook steak, chicken, pork, burgers, seafood, shrimp, etc. on it. We've used it some for things like biscuits and frozen pizza but not as much as meat. We've also used it for cooking veggies and potatoes. Unless we are using the outdoor grill, it's the only way we cook meat. You would be amazed at how much fat is in the bottom tray after cooking bacon. And I like my bacon really crisp.

Thanks so much for the info! I will be purchasing one now!
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    opalle wrote: »
    We have an actifry and really like it. We do all kinds of fries, good for veggies and although not that healthy it is the best thing for making bacon.

Awesome! I guess I will get both, thanks for the review!
  • LCt99
    LCt99 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Actifry is a no-fry. The food that comes out is equivalent to if I had baked it, except actifry takes even longer.

Heck, I'd let you have mine if you lived nearby. It will probably never be used again.
    That being said, I'm tempted to buy a Nu Wave.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    LCt99 wrote: »
    Actifry is a no-fry. The food that comes out is equivalent to if I had baked it, except actifry takes even longer.

I know what it is, I just wanted to know if it was worth all the hype, how the food tastes and etc. So are you saying it's not worth it in your opinion? I was wondering how it did cooking chicken. :)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    hockey7fan wrote: »

All of this times 1000!!! We're on our 3rd or 4th NuWave (Flavorwave) oven, and keep one on standby in the garage. I do all of the cooking in our house (just my wife and I), and I literally use it at least 3-4x every week.

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are looking to get a house shortly and I plan to get this oven and stove instead of a traditional stove/oven bulk set.
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We rv and take our nuwave instead of traveling wih a gas/charcoal grill because it's easy, safer than gas and charcoal (my opinion), and the food tastes great. We make everything from simply burgers to pork roasts to Cornish hens, as well as roast all kinds of vegetables. At home, my house stays cool while cooking. My only regret is seeing a "mini" nuwave and not buying it because now I cannot find one.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    cairnsmom wrote: »
    We rv and take our nuwave instead of traveling wih a gas/charcoal grill because it's easy, safer than gas and charcoal (my opinion), and the food tastes great. We make everything from simply burgers to pork roasts to Cornish hens, as well as roast all kinds of vegetables. At home, my house stays cool while cooking. My only regret is seeing a "mini" nuwave and not buying it because now I cannot find one.

Check ebay. That's where I've purchased the last two replacements for my FlavorWave.
  • LCt99
    LCt99 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I know what it is, I just wanted to know if it was worth all the hype, how the food tastes and etc. So are you saying it's not worth it in your opinion? I was wondering how it did cooking chicken. :)

Precisely. Waste of money. If you just want to bake and don't have an oven, a toaster oven is a much cheaper option.

Btw I just cooked vegetables in it. I never tried meat. For meat, I'd definitely go with a Nu Wave.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Well, this is just great. Now I need a NuWave oven.
  • tretoptreece
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, this is just great. Now I need a NuWave oven.

Lol! Ikr, I feel so left out not having either! Thanks everyone for your reviews!
  • tretoptreece
    Options

Precisely. Waste of money. If you just want to bake and don't have an oven, a toaster oven is a much cheaper option.

Btw I just cooked vegetables in it. I never tried meat. For meat, I'd definitely go with a Nu Wave.

Thank you for your honest opinion.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    My husband and I are looking to get a house shortly and I plan to get this oven and stove instead of a traditional stove/oven bulk set.

That is mind blowing to me! I cook a lot so I don't know if I could be that brave.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    cairnsmom wrote: »

I love the idea to use in an RV, now I need to find one of those too lol.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have had a nuwave for 10 years.
    I use it for meats, especially if i don't want to take the time the the them.
    I also use it for fish and any frozen treats that would taste crispier it an oven versus a microwave.
  • yguerne
    yguerne Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I know I'm a little late, but just wanted to respond to your chicken question. I love my actifry, especially for chicken. It renders all the fat out of the chicken if you leave the skin on, so you're left with super crispy skin that isn't full of fat. Of course it's not as healthy as chicken with no skin, but you've got to live a little! I especially use it for chicken thighs. I often cut breasts up into nugget shaped pieces and cook them for 15 mins. Dip them in hot sauce when they're done. Easy, fast and super healthy. I don't add any fat when cooking chicken either, as it's not necessary. I will occasionally make wings in the actifry too. It makes super crispy skin and tender chicken. Phenomenal. They taste like the deep-fried wings, but are actually rendering all the fat out while they cook. You'll be amazed at what's left over in the pan when they're done cooking.

I hadn't heard of the NuWave oven before, but now am interested in that, too. Thanks for the tip!
  • idateacher2
    idateacher2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the NuWave, and almost never use it. The appeal to me initially is speedier baking. The only reason mine might be considered faster is that you are able to skip preheating the oven. The trade-off for that though is very uneven baking. Anything in the center cooks/browns faster than the perimeter. I have only attempted french fries a couple of times, but not super crispy. Perhaps my technique on that is at fault though. The only reason I am not unhappy with the oven is that I picked it up for $50 as a doorbuster, and then used Kohls cash to pay for it so nothing invested. It has a large footprint though so does cost me in storage space!