My successful battle with bulimia!

Options
lizsh19
lizsh19 Posts: 13 Member
It all started when I was in high school. I felt like I needed to be "skinny" so I could be considered "pretty."
I got into the habit of throwing up everything I ate. I later got into the habit of overeating everyday but I knew I was going to throw it all up anyways so I didn't care.
I struggle everyday with bulimia. I wanted to stop, I felt my body changing. I became more tired, depressed, antisocial and all I did was sleep. But it made me happy so I continued. It has been almost three years that I have been fighting bulimia. I can finally say that I have beat bulimia last week. After so many years, I beat bulimia.
I no longer feel the need to throw up. I now eat healthy, exercise daily, I'm happy ! And my body is not as tired as it used to be! I enjoy being active it has turned me into the most happiest person than what I used to be.
We can all overcome any obstacle that crosses our path. We just have to be stronger than the obstacle and beat it with faith and courage! I promise you, anything is possible even the impossible❤️ I'll post a few pictures of how I was before i started with bulimia compared to how I am now! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope this inspired anyone struggling! 1rsuaqtmhamu.png
3e2x3noamgz9.jpeg

Replies

• Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good for you and you look fabulous !
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your healthy new life! May it continue to be filled with happiness!
  • lizsh19
    lizsh19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I really appreciate it so much!(:

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Great dedication and hardwork! Truly Inspired!!
  • GNRfan
    GNRfan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well done on beating bulimia, you look great and your new healthy lifestyle will be so much better for both your mentality and your body!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to read. Standing ovation here.
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You are so pretty!!
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you for fighting back! You look great and I wish you continued success.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm moved by your story. So happy for you and I wish you every success.
  • chocowalnut
    chocowalnut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you overcame it and look amazing. I have been struggling with bulimia for 7 years on and off now. I am trying to beat it too. It makes eating a normal amount of food and trying to start losing weight the healthy way so hard. Congrats :)
  • LozzaaxG
    LozzaaxG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is incredible, you should be so proud of yourself
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good job hun. Ur beautiful inside and out. Loving urself can be hard to do but I hope ur proud of urself idk u n I'm very proud! Godbless u.

From a sister of a struggling e.d sister.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!