Why shouldn't I quit?

Options
2»

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I think about where I want to be in a year from now. If I stay on track I might lose 24 more lbs and not be obese anymore. If I do a half-*kitten* job I might lose 0 lbs and be the same. If I give up I'm just as likely to PUT ON 20 lbs.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The days and weeks are going to pass no matter what you decide to do. Make the best of it so that instead of looking back with regret you can look back and be happy that you put in the work and did your best.
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    "you already know what happens when you give up, aren't you curious to see what happens when you dont"

Remind my self this VERY often. You are worth the hard work....keep it up

I love this quote

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    How do you know you gained a pound, really? It might just be water weight. Weight fluctuates up to 8lbs per day. And I have tested that (for *kitten* and giggles). Don't give up this quickly over something that might not be true tomorrow.

This. My weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs, from all sorts of things that aren't actually fat gains. Assuming you're accurately tracking, accurately doing portion sizes (with a food scale ), and are following your correct calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Period. That doesn't mean the scale will always be linear though. Compare your first weigh-in of the month with your last weigh-in of the month to get a more accurate idea of your loss trends.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A) The scale does not tell the entire story, B) while our bodies are machines, they often do not follow our every desire: salt, medicine, time of , water retention, portions, etc.. C) if it was easy everybody would do it. At the end of the day, my success or failure is between me and the man in the mirror. I did not wake up and realize that over night I gained 10 or 20 pounds, and I am not going to lose them like that either.