Nooooooo

Options
I hopped off the bandwagon for a few weeks and gained back all I had lost and then some. UUUGGGGHHHH so depressed! Well, it was certainly motivation to step on the scale. Back to healthy eating!

Replies

• Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You can do it! I like what you said--focus on healthy eating. The weight loss will follow.:wink:
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you stick with this you will melt away the pounds. You will!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. One week completely derailed me and i went back to square one. I'm on the bandwagon again but dragging slightly. Lol
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Jump back on...you can do it!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :) We all have the occasional back-step but now you can get on track with some new lessons learned and make smarter mistakes. ;)
  • colorfulenergy
    Options
    Great that you are back on track. Look back only to ask yourself the question why did I fall off? Am I depriving myself of things and making it seem like a diet instead of modifying the way and what I eat? I am only new here to this site and it has taken me years to get to the point where I think of food as an energy source and not a source of social enjoyment! I am astounded at how much I do not crave sugary sweets, now that I am controlling my sugar intake. I still have desserts etc. but now I will make healthier diabetic reciepes and they still taste fantastic! Pat yourself on the back for trying again and don't beat yourself up over a set back. Positive thinking is half the battle.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    I just want to congratulate you for coming back. It's not easy. I've been on and off with the same 20 lbs for a couple years now, but I think I didn't have the right mindset. I'd do quick fix diets, and the next thing you know, I'd gain it all back and then some.

This time I'm in it to win it. I'm not here to lose weight, because quite frankly, I never want to find it again. I'm here to change the way I see food and exercise. I think colorfulenergy said it best when they said to look back and ask why did you fall off?

I know for me it was because I set unrealistic expectations and did these radical crash diets that were a temporary fix to a thinking problem. I am now learning to change my whole attititude about food and exercise.

Good luck to you this time. You can do it! You were strong enough to come back! You're a teacher so you probably know this better than me, but everything in life is a lesson. You can learn it or you can do it agan, but it won't stop coming back to you until you DO learn it.