Pain from top of my bum down to my leg

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Ive got a sharp pain from the top of my bum down to my leg. could i have trapped a nerve maybe.
should i workout trough the pain

Replies

• MissVV
    MissVV Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds like it could be sciatica (trapped sciatic nerve) what sort of pain is it (sharp dull aching etc)?
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your Sciatic Nerve. I wouldn't advise working out. Go see a physiotherapist.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Sounds like a touch of sciatica and you should rest up.
  • Becca21
    Options
    Sounds like it could be sciatica (trapped sciatic nerve) what sort of pain is it (sharp dull aching etc)?

yeah just like that will it go on its own
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds sciatic. I'd suggest an ice pack on your lower back for a couple of days. And possibly a bit of stretching but not too much!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband had the same thing & he had to get an MRI and found out he has buldging discs were were messing with his sciatic nerve. He went to a physical therapist & learned some stretching excercises and started working out to strenghten his core and he has had little problems since. Do not work out.
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have siatica.... it's nerve pain and usually comes from the lower back or hip area. For me chiropractic help. Ice for 10 minute intervals (the saddle part of your back and hip of that leg). Try some advil or ibiprophen for the swelling of the nerve. It it doesn't get better soon.... it's a trip to the dr...... I'm afraid.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have chronic sciatica, which sounds like what you're describing, & I have to say - trying to do things through the pain usually ends poorly for me. Go see a physiotherapist or chiropractor well-versed in sciatica.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I agree that it sounds like sciatica.. I had that with my pregnancies and its no fun. You can go to a chiropractor to relieve some pain. I wouldnt recommend pushing through it. Get some rest!
  • Becca21
    Options
    What can i do to help my weight loss.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    What can i do to help my weight loss.

Its possible you can lose weight with just diet alone..

also not sure how bad yours is but if you can... maybe take small/short walks.. ?
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sound like you have something out in your back, go to a Chiropractor. Don't work through pain, that is you bodies way of telling you something is wrong.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definitely sciatica ( Iwas a physio)
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I had that, and. Iced all day as much as I could stand it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Have to agree that it sounds like sciatica, but my doctor told me that exercise is one of the best things you can do. Just don't push yourself quite as hard as you would be. For me I walk instead of run and as soon as I start exercising the pain pretty much stops.

http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/sciatica-exercises-sciatica-pain-relief
  • MissVV
    MissVV Posts: 19
    Options
    I would go and see a physio or osteopath. Increased tone in your buttock muscles/lower back may be squeezing the nerve, probably just needs some good stretches and a bit of hands on work. Good luck!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Acutpuncture helps me with my Sciatica. It may help you. I feel for you!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    This could also be piriformis syndrome ... I had this with exactly the same kind of pain--it's related to sciatica - yowie!
    http://www.vitalityclinic.ca/articles/4_things_cause_sciatica_causes_and_treatment

You can check for stretches on the internet for the piriformis muscle. Don't work through it, it will only make it worse and the healing take longer.

If you're concerned about not losing weight while you're healing, be vigilant about sticking to your diet--no cheating! :-)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i occasionally get sciatic pain and i just rest it for a few days and it normally goes away.

Has it just come on, or have you had it a while?
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone on this thread, it's sciatica.

You need to find out why it's happening.

I have 2 buldging discs and 1 herniated disc :(