Motivation

Options
10ssmith
10ssmith Posts: 33 Member
Hey guys I just started trying to change my lifestyle habits. 3 days so far and no soda. I still am having my set backs. But I'm trying hard. Anyone else in the same boat ?would love to find more friends on here !

I'm current 165 pounds with a goal of 120 pounds. (Was a huge huge huge soda drinker)...

P.s when do u start seeing a change after making a lifestyle change like that?

Replies

• ajgutierrez90
    ajgutierrez90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm just starting out on this too. I'd really like to find someone to stay motivated with. I'm 151 poundd trying to get to 130 or around there. Sweet-tea is my weakness! My nutritionist said to expect 1 pound a week and anymore than that I guess it's unhealthy. I hope to hear from you!
  • 10ssmith
    Options
    Add me if you like and we can motivate each other. :)
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'll send a FR. Cutting soda is good for lowering your calorie intake. You'll find out that most successful people on here try to not completely block anyone type of food from your diet.
    But if in the meantime it helps you get rolling it's a good start.
    You can start seeing the changes almost immediately but not always on the number of lbs on the scale.
    You have to pay attention to your mood, energy levels, overall health, sleep patterns etc. when it comes to physique you could also take measurements, like right now!, and in one or two weeks you measure again and you'll be surprised.

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    First thing I did was cut soda and sweet tea. The weight just started falling off, was pretty awesome and exactly what kick started my journey! Anyone is free to add me, I've come a long way (nearing 90 pounds loss), learned a bit and know what you're about to endure, if you need it, shoot me a message.
  • 10ssmith
    Options
    You said the weight just fell off ? How soon did u start noticing a difference?I really think my hair is starting to look healthier odd enough . Is it to soon to think this? Lol
  • elmolina_03
    elmolina_03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10ssmith wrote: »
    Hey guys I just started trying to change my lifestyle habits. 3 days so far and no soda. I still am having my set backs. But I'm trying hard. Anyone else in the same boat ?would love to find more friends on here !

I'm current 165 pounds with a goal of 120 pounds. (Was a huge huge huge soda drinker)...

P.s when do u start seeing a change after making a lifestyle change like that?

OMG! I'm pretty close to that weight and my goal is exactly 120. It was easy for me to lose the weight with my 2 boys, but with my 3 child (18 months), I'm finding it harder to lose the weight. I need a accountability partner!
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    10ssmith wrote: »
    You said the weight just fell off ? How soon did u start noticing a difference?I really think my hair is starting to look healthier odd enough . Is it to soon to think this? Lol

Well I was about 90 pounds overweight but within two months I'd lost about 20 pounds with just switching to water and slowly started eating slightly smaller portions.
  • MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I cut soda out cold turkey and haven't had any in the last month and a half. I know a lot of people that tend to drop a lot of weight from switching from soda to water, but I didn't personally. I only drink water and have been eating between 1200-1300 calories a day. I have lost 7.5lbs in the last 4wks. I haven't seen a lot of change in my body YET, but I feel so much better. I'm hoping to see some difference in my body after a lose 10 more pounds, hopefully.

Feel free to add me as a friend. We could motivate each other. I have about 59lbs left to lose.
  • 10ssmith
    Options
    How much soda was you use to drinking?

I was probably drinking a 2 liter plus a day
  • Jasminewillwin
    Jasminewillwin Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello, just a little about me weigh in at 166 and my goal is to lose 30 lbs. I want to find a weight loss buddy on here so I can continue to be motivated!!
    I don't drink soda but I drink wine. I also drink water but I have to force myself some days.
    My weakness is wine and takeout!
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I used to be the worst soda drinker ever!! At first you will probably have headaches almost like a drug addict... then you will slowly start to feel better and lose a bunch of water weight. Soda is so bad for you and makes you retain a ton of water. It will be tempting to drink "other types" of soda to justify the bubbles or caffeine...... just don't. I swear you will feel so much better after time and you will get in great shape!
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Cutting soda is a great start and it really helps. I've cut my soda as well for the most part - I take a sip like once in a bluemoon. Now i drink a ton of water and green tea :)

Even when I eat out, i try to drink as much water before the food is served so I can feel full faster and not eat as much. I usually try to end my meal with green tea.

Feel free to add me so we can support and motivate each other :)