Anyone else on here, suffer with IBD?

Options
Hi, I've just downloaded this app, in a bid to track and curb my eating, by being more aware of what I'm consuming. I have Ulcerative Colitis and nd my diet is therefore, quite restricted. Is anyone else in the same boat and trying to lose weight?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    There's a crohn's group somewhere here I believe. I don't have IBD but my partner does. He's currently trying to gain/maintain though so his goals are different but I do understand about the restricted diet. I've had to throw out most of our spice cabinet because of his crohn's.
    Good luck with your journey!
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have Crohn's and am also trying to lose weight using here. It does not make it easy, but I keep trying. There is a group somewhere on here.
  • blessedtobe
    blessedtobe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I do not have ibd but i do suffer with ibs, I'm coeliac, dairy intolerant and have other allergies. When I started this journey I was so unwell and my health was rapidly deteriating. In the last year I have lost around 70lbs most of which was through nutrition. I had an hair allergy test done which confirmed that I was unable to have a lot of foods. I decided to become an alkaline vegan and my health has never been better and my weight is literally improving every day. Being an alkaline vegan sounds difficult and yeah there are a lot of foods I cannot eat but I no longer miss them and I've become a really good cook because of it. It has not been the easiest thing to commit to but even my worst day now is bever as bad as when I couldn't get off the sofa, or up stairs and I thought I just simply wouldn't wake up one day
    There is hope :)