EA Sports Active 2 Cardo Kick Start

Options
I started the challenge yesterday and I can't wait to keep going! I lost ten pounds last year with the first EA Sports Active 30 day challenge and I just bought the second game since I know it works! . There is also another program on the game that I'm looking to start once I'm done with this one.

Has anyone seen results with this before?

Replies

• lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am currently in Phase 3 of the 9 week cardio kickstart program. I LOVE IT!!! I'm not sure but I think I've lost about 20 lbs. since I started the Wii Active 2 and the cardio program. I am truly addicted to it now.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I love EA Active 2 for the Wii. I got mine in January and have gone through both "programs". I now do a variety of custom workouts and preset ones. I still set weekly goals of workouts/calories/time to make sure I push myself.

I definitely felt more fit after the 9 week program. It's helped my cardio, which is my weak point.
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 1 pound a week for a few months now, and I continued to do that when I did the 21 day cardio kickstart. But I could see my muscles getting slightly more toned and my average exercise heart rate went down during the three weeks, so it is definitely worth the effort. Now I've just started the 9 week program!

By the way, if you've got Wii and you want to join us, there is a MFP workout group on the EA Sports Active site :)

(Don't know if I can post group name and password here?)
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sorry, double posting.
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 1 pound a week for a few months now, and I continued to do that when I did the 21 day cardio kickstart. But I could see my muscles getting slightly more toned and my average exercise heart rate went down during the three weeks, so it is definitely worth the effort. Now I've just started the 9 week program!

By the way, if you've got Wii and you want to join us, there is a MFP workout group on the EA Sports Active site :)

(Don't know if I can post group name and password here?)

could you send me a message with the info?
    thanks so much !
  • mithwiz
    mithwiz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oooh! I'd love to join this group too if I could. I finished the cardio kickstart, and now I'm doing some of the preset workouts since I'm travelling quite a bit this summer. I'll start the 9 week program once school starts again. (I'm a second grade teacher.)
    Could you message me the info? I also have this for the Wii and am loving it. :o)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I have done Cardio Kickstart twice now (once on Easy, once on Hard) as well as the 9-week program on Easy and just Phase 2/Phase 3 of the 9-Week Program on Hard. I also spent 3 weeks alternating between custom workouts and some of the Trainer workouts. I've lost 42 lbs and at least 10 inches off my waist, possibly more (I wasn't measuring at first). I went from a size 24/3X to a size 14-16/L. I started on January 12, and Active 2 has been my only exercise program.

The program works really, really well. I will say that the Cardio Kickstart is much lower intensity than the 9 Week Program. Also, once you've been through the entire 9 Week Program, the beginning phase and the Cardio Kickstart program are kind of too easy. That's why this time I started in Phase 2 of the 9 Week Program. The intensity was pretty much spot on. The Advanced level workouts on the premade workouts list are also still really good in terms of intensity.