Lost over a 100 pounds and stuck!!!

Options
Hi I am looking for new friends that have lost a significant amount of weight and may have gotten over that last plateau. So just curious to see if anyone has been able to succeed with the last 10/20 pounds. Thanks so much

Replies

• Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Massive congrats on shredding the 100lbs that's a great achievement. I've gone from 250 to 180 at the minute and the last 15lbs aren't really going anywhere but slight adjustments seem to be helping it along its way.
  • lbcgirl25
    lbcgirl25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've lost 110 and have 25-30 to go. The mentality has to change at this point I've noticed... Because it's no longer possible for me to lose 2 pounds a week, I'm happy if I lose a pound. It's frustrating though, to feel so close yet so far away. It definitely gets harder the closer I get.

As for a plateau, what works for me is carb cycling. I will do about 30% carbs 3 days per week vs my usual of closer to 40.

Hang in there!
  • yosemiterunning4688
    Options
    Thank you so very much. I really have realized that at this point I have to cut carbs and sugar out. Congrats on your weight loss :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • yosemiterunning4688
    Options
    Thank you so very much for both both of you sharing your story :-)
  • Jasenj_no1
    Jasenj_no1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people can complicate things and what you can read from many pt type people "cut carbs" "no carbs for marbs" scenario - it's not the carbs that add weight - certainly cut sugar though as that adds huge amount of calories (which adds weight) if your extra consumption of food was from protein which made you go over your macros it would then be the extra protein that your body then starts to convert and store as fat...how's that for a statement! It's as simple as you need "accurate" macros and then you can reduce or add calories based on your goal!

Now the other spin is you can be heavier and look much leaner and better so taking only your weight into consideration is wrong - you should have a visual goal and weight goal and then no doubt you will find a place that hits neither of them but actually ends up something completely different your massively happy with!

Diet is simple - don't over complicate calorie deficits etc... Eat to your macros with the correct nutritional values - train hard and you will reach your goal!
  • brian1g
    brian1g Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hit a 6 week stall after losing 50 pounds. I ended up changing my workout routine and started lean gains and dropped like 5 % body fat in 3 weeks. Good luck..... Stalling is so frustrating!