I need advice on why I have reached plataeu?

Options
I have been strictly watching what I eat and I have a personal trainer twice a week for intense strength training and the other days I go to the gym. My diet is healthy carbs. It is said Im gaining muscle which I completely understand but I'm not at my goal weight or close yet? ???

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have patience and give it more time. 2 weeks isn't enough time to determine anything.

As an aside, except for a small percentage of people, it's unlikely you're gaining muscle if you're eating at a deficit.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is an unhealthy carb?

Ditto on near impossible to gain.muscle on a deficit.

Double ditto on have patience. If it was easy everyone would have the same body fat percentage.

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen overnight. It took time to put weight on, it's going to take time to loose it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't enough to gauge whether this is working or not. If you've just started working out or increased the intensity then water retention could definitely mask any weight loss
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and track your food?
  • natalieevatt30
    natalieevatt30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have been working out since October last year, I have been with a trainer for about 2 months and I do strength training with them twice a week is what I was trying to say...lol... I have lost about 75 lbs since then but now it has really slowed down but I can see I am gaining muscle but yet my goal weight hasn't been reached
  • sunshyneson
    sunshyneson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I weight, log and follow a cutting program... however, not much change. The scale doesn't change, however, when I went and got my stats done, my BF % changed. I can't see it much even in measurements but my trainer says I have replaced my fat with my muscle so all you who say it can't be done... it can... it's just not easy! Depends on how big your deficit is and how much you are training. Calories burnt during strength training is not akin to calories burnt during cardio... just my 2 cents. I have been pretty much the same weight for 6 months... however, my body has changed a lot. Don't go by the scale!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 75 pound loss!
  • whippy7
    whippy7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your food and or exercise simce October or since starting with your personal trainer?

At some stage you need to reassess what you are doing. Your food and exercise might have been perfect to loose the 75pounds. But your body has different requirements now.

Ps. Congrats on the weight loss. Its never easy