What weight do you log in MFP?

Options
I use happyscale daily and typically I would take a 7 day average or 5 day whatever works easiest. There's also a moving avg that shows on happyscale and right now it says 132.0 would it be okay to log that? Ive heard some people log their lowest out of 7 days but that kind of feels like cheating.

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only log it here when i've dropped in weight.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log changes. I try to be honest and log gains as well as losses but I will sometimes not log a gain unless is sticks for more than three days. My activity and sodium intake can cause frequent water retention.

I use Trendweight to track the actual trend line to decide if I need to make adjustments to what I am doing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,024 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only log it here when i've dropped in weight.

This ^^
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and log I don't use a trend app but I find its fairly easy to see the trends anyway when I log daily (gains and losses).
  • Sugar_Slayer
    Sugar_Slayer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but count Friday as my weigh in day, so whatever I weigh on Friday morning is what I enter into MFP.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly and log it
  • mdw9124
    mdw9124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 pound rule. I weigh myself, and I immediately log any new "lows" but if I am up I do not log it UNLESS it exceeds 5 pound gained. I fell like anything above a 5 pound gain can be considered a legitimate gain and not just water weight or whatever, however I always immediately log my lows because you can't have artificial low.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I log my weight daily in MFP (which syncs to Fitbit which syncs to Trendweight). I turned off the feature that tells my friends whenever I log a loss, and don't stress which weight is "honest." They're all my body -- they're all telling a truth.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly and log it

Me too.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My weight is logged daily. I have a wifi scale that syncs with MFP (technically fitbit then mfp), but it updates my weight here every time I step on the scale.