How do I go from this to that?

Options
kevstorms
kevstorms Posts: 29 Member
So I got injured in Iraq back about 7 years ago. Gain a load of weight which caused me to lose all motivation in anything. Fast forward to now: I hate what I see in the mirror and have recently began my journey. 3 weeks in and already the FEELING is amazing. I am not on any real program yet, I watch what I eat and drink water.

My diet is great. I go to Planet Fitness in my area and their trainer there works with me 5 days a week for 45 minutes. So I kind of just do what she says. A lot of squats, dumbells, cable machine and such.

What I am looking for is advice, and maybe even someone who can design a real program from me to get me from picture 1 (How I am now) to picture 2 (How I want to look, its not me.) Any little thing helps! Thanks guys!

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 227 (Today)
ud6o6acar2mu.jpg
uap9i2ahkey3.jpg

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It'll take a lot of time before you get those kinds of results. The first thing you need to do is stay in a calorie deficient. And continue your workout. Maybe even add in some cardio.

The next thing, once you get to a proper weight, is to start the next journey of building muscle. Adding in more protein and eating more (to help build those muscles).

--It's pretty much going to be a two step program -- Just keep what you're doing and dropping the pounds. BodyBuilding forums have some great posts to help.
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service , my husband was in Afghanistan when his leg got blown the heck off and he's been struggling with his activity levels too- but being in and out of surgery of course doesn't help. You can do this! The main thing that will of course help is watching how much you're eating and not going cold turkey from all junk food- gradually work it out of your diet. I'm gonna add you :)
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track with the deficit but now is the time to start lifting. Look into Stronglifts 5x5 or another structured progressive strength building program. All compound free weight lifts, leave your ego at the door and follow the program. Moderate cardio (I do 30 minutes heart rate training on the treadmill on lift days after I lift, 1 hr walk at about 3.5mph on the days between, actual rest on Sunday).