P90x3 losing weight very slow

Options
Has anyone lost any weight doing p90x3 ? I've just finished the first month of classic p90x3 and only lost 4 pounds.i even cleaned up my diet ( lots of fruits and veggies) and I eat 1290 cals a day. It sucks because my husband lost 14 pounds the first month and I only lost 4 . I just wanted to know if women had any success with this program

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I did a month of the regular p90x a few years ago. Been meaning to start again. I had similar results as you. But, I lost a lot of inches. 2 from my waist, half inch form each arm, 2 from my thighs, 1 from my calves. You're retaining water while your muscles are being torn and repaired. The only thing you might want to do differently is eat a little more. Those are some intense workouts for 1290 calories. I'm 5'3", and I was eating 1500 at least while I was doing p90x (except on yoga and stretch days). Have you taken your measurements at all?
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That's a pound a week. I'd say that's a pretty good rate if you want long term sustainable weight loss.

Also make sure you're using a food scale. Simply adding fruits and veggies and "eating clean" isn't guaranteed to help you lose weight. You can still eat more than you think you are.