Green smoothie challenge

Options
shavel01
shavel01 Posts: 8 Member
Good Sunday Morning,
Has anyone did the 10 day smoothie challenge on MFP? How successful were you? Oh, fitness guru's do you think it's safe jumpstart? Thanks Sherry

Replies

• NishaGettingFit
    NishaGettingFit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today!!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    shavel01 wrote: »
    Good Sunday Morning,
    Has anyone did the 10 day smoothie challenge on MFP? How successful were you? Oh, fitness guru's do you think it's safe jumpstart? Thanks Sherry

Jump start for what?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning,

My .02

I like smoothies, and I used them often when I first started. My issue became that the time needed to do them fresh was too much for a busy lifestyle, and I would never pay the high prices of store bought or program stuff. The fact is that you can just as good of results in weight loss and have excellent nutrition from good eating habits, and with a lot less work or cost if you pay for them

A good jump start I recommend is, start moderate and DON'T try to do all the trendy fitness stuff all at once. You will have better compliance and results over the long term (i.e the rest of your life) changing habits incrementally in small ways little by little than trying to be everything fitness all at once.

So start monitoring your calories in and calories out, and trying eating more proteins, fruits, and veggies. Add in some light exercise that you can consistently do at least 3-5 times per week. Then after a few weeks of sticking to that, add more exercise or exert more in what you do.

You'll do great.

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning,

It's generally safe to jumpstart as long as you connect positive to positive and negative to ground. I wouldn't recommend any other methods.
  • josiegrl_92
    josiegrl_92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this Thursday. I have lost 115lbs on my own, without mfp. I got on here but I have not had much success. I'm looking to change my taste buds and lose some weight on this green smoothie challenge. If anyone want to do it together, please add me. I'm starting Thursday.