Please Help

Options
I'm 44, 5ft 5 and weighing 13.13.
I've lost five stone so far but since January only lost two & half pounds.
I now walk just over five miles Monday to Friday each day and three miles on a Saturday & Sunday only losing half a pound this week on 1200 calories a day. I don't eat the exercise calories I've earned. Quite disheartened at the moment I also have fibro so I'm really having to work hard on these walks o don't walk slow I have a good pace and do three miles in about 50 to 55mins any advice appreciated thanks
Jo X

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How is your logging? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything? Do you pick the right items from the database? Some of those items are incorrect.
  • jo14072014
    jo14072014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes weigh everything log everything double check calories. Some have told me to eat some calories I've earned some say don't. I haven't and my food choices are healthy chicken breast not cooked in fat wholemeal bread grilled food etc
  • jo14072014
    jo14072014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am losing inches just not pounds don't know how that is possible
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You should be losing, something isn't adding up. You will need to make your diary public to look for logging errors.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but try eating back your exercise calories. When you aren't getting enough, your body tends to hold onto what it has. You need 1200 at a minimum to just run your normal body functions. If you continuously get less than that, you are depriving your body of the nutrients and the fuel it needs to run. Have a treat once in a while too, shake it up occasionally and have something fun. Make sure you log everything, be honest, drink your water and maybe change up your workout. I like walking too but it can really help to change your route. Believe it or not, your body acclimates to your route and doesn't work as hard. Changing direction, doing it backwards, find a hill to go up, something like that will help too. Plateaus are normal (but frustrating). Keep up the good work and you will push through. Don't get discouraged, you are doing great. Good luck!