Drinking those veg/fruit/nut juices from "cleanses" but not for cleansing?

Options
A few weeks ago I tried to do the blueprint cleanse but after a few hours I was like "....why can't I just eat these same items I don't get it....this is weird bye" and I also now know that you don't need to detox/cleanse your body.

My question is, can I still incorporate some of those juices (homemade though because i am a suffering college student) into my diet? Are the juices themselves bad? I still enjoy the taste of the green juice (I make a duplicate every morning) and essentially every other one with the exception of the beet juice because nah. I haven't found any evidence that they're unhealthy but I was wondering if anybody knew if it was bad???

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    They're not *bad* for you, they just don't really have any magical cleansing powers. So if you like them, drink them and just account for the calories and you will be a-okay.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You can eat or drink anything you want. Simply log it and make it fit for calorie and macronutrient goals.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy juice, there is nothing wrong with incorporating it into your diet. You just have to account for the calories, and since juices have the potential to contain a lot of calories, they can really add up, leaving less room for other foods.

I personally prefer not to drink my calories.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    If you like them, drink them. As a struggling college student, though, keep in mind that making juices is expensive. You can get an apple pretty cheap, but getting enough apples to make juice costs a lot.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can add them to your diet. It only gets unhealthy if you drink them instead of eating because
    1) barely any calories (if it's vegetables only)
    2) no fiber
    3) what little calories there are is mostly carbs in most cases so you're leaving out the two macro nutrients that actually matter
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ah okay. I see. Thank you. I'll figure out how to count it better.

It doesn't take up that much money or resource when I make them which is why I'm more for them I make them with a nutribullet so it's like half an apple, a small handful of kale and spinach, piece of cucumber, water, etc. I get $100 worth of meal plan points per week at my school which has a little produce area where I can get items I need.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can add them to your diet. It only gets unhealthy if you drink them instead of eating because
    1) barely any calories (if it's vegetables only)
    2) no fiber
    3) what little calories there are is mostly carbs in most cases so you're leaving out the two macro nutrients that actually matter

Thank you! That's exactly what I was wondering about!