Veggie recipes?

Options
violetmay5
violetmay5 Posts: 1 Member
Does anyone have any good vegetarian recipes? Dislike mushrooms though!

Replies

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Check out the blog Cookie and Kate, great recipes, don't like sweet potatoes but still enjoyed her sweet potato black bean burger recipe
  • Selphie8
    Selphie8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie has some great vegan meals and desserts (though her focus is on the latter). She's focused on low sugar recipes, but generally gives options to make her recipes lower in fat, and many of the desserts are single-serving. Her courgette fries (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/28/crispy-healthy-baked-zucchini-fries/) are a great alternative to chips!

There's also the Happy Herbivore who focuses on low fat recipes. I'm a big fan of her chickpea tacos (https://happyherbivore.com/recipe/chickpea-tacos/). You can just eat the roasted chickpeas as a snack as well!
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't like mushroom you can still try recipes that call for finely chopped mushroom as the base, for example, Chef John's meatless meatballs, they are wholey made of mushrooms and yet taste nothing like mushroom
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Rutabaga Fries
    peel rutabaga
    slice to look like french fries
    toss in extra virgin olive oil
    salt, pepper & old bay to taste
    bake 40 mins @450*
    wlr2u93cmjxe.jpg
  • rikkijazz
    rikkijazz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite vegetarian recipe is Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad (it's cooked, though, so not really a salad). Combine 1 medium sweet potato (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces), 1 diced small onion and 1 can drained low-sodium chickpeas with 1/2 tbs coconut oil (give it a few secs in the microwave if it's hard), 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt to taste. Cook about 35 minutes at 425 degrees, then toss with another half tbs coconut oil and more salt if needed. I usually split it into two servings (about 350 calories each), but you could use a quarter recipe as a side easily. Enjoy!
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sautee peas, onions, red potatoes and green onions in curry and coconut milk.