Losing motivation :(

Options
I just had a cheat meal last night, ate way too much. I'm slowly gaining again and now i feel gross about it. Anyone else get this feeling?

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    These things happen. Log it and move on!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a cheat meal as long as you get back to eating less and logging the next day. I have a nice cheat meal once every week. I am still losing weight.

All that matters with weight gain/loss/maintenance is the general trend of eating behavior. One day of eating 600 calories or 6000 is not going to ultimately make a difference if you do not make a habit of it.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Get over it and get right back on the horse. I don't really have cheat meals because once I have one, I want more. Best to stay on track all of the time and then your cravings for cheat food goes away. That's just my opinion. I try not to tempt myself.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

That! Get in the habit of logging it. I log EVERYTHING. Sometimes my big overeating days turn out to only be a little over maintenance. Sometimes they are like 1/2 lb over maintenance. That's an important distinction.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    can't rely on motivation.
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you just start again. this is not some rigid thing that you never have any wiggle room in. sometimes your weight goes up, other times it goes down. sometimes you eat to plan, sometimes you don't. that's life - the goal for me is to do it in a way that is healthier and I lose weight or maintain over time. try to see the big picture-remember this is a lifestyle change, and it can't be rigid-you can do it! each day, each moment you can begin again.
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We all have "cheat" meals, best not to look at it as a cheat, but eating something you wanted. Now just get back to eating your normal foods, and working towards your goals.
  • flaughed
    flaughed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check you body fat % to see if you are slowly gaining muscle and reducing fat. Cheat meals help your metabolism. If your cheat meal was filled with sodium, then you may retain more water than normal (extra weight). When you crave a certain food, buying in moderation is key. If you want food from a place that gives you a large portion, then think about inviting a friend or two to share the food with. You will eat less and have good company to enjoy it with. Personally, I force myself to exercise more to burn off the extra calories caused by unplanned bingeing. I have developed aversion to certain foods through conditioning my body that way.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a cheat meal at all! Enjoy your cheat meal and get back on your normal stuff, and continue working towards your goal. A cheat meal isn't a failure, and even if you thought it was, a failure isn't a failure unless you LET it make you fail.
    I have "cheat" meals every once in a while. Just last Saturday I had some mild boneless wings and regular seasoned fries from WingStop. Logged it. "Gained" 2 pounds the next day, and lost that the next day. Now I'm even down from that, perfectly on track for my 1 pound a week goal. You also have to realize that "gain" after a cheat meal could very much be from the increased sodium that many cheat meals contain, as well as any daily fluctuations you may experience. Don't get discouraged. Use it as motivation. You're doing just fine!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    mcvt wrote: »
    I just had a cheat meal last night, ate way too much. I'm slowly gaining again and now i feel gross about it. Anyone else get this feeling?

YES. its where i'm at right now! need my mojo back! bad!
  • ChihuahuaMeme
    ChihuahuaMeme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories to make a pound. If you show a 1 or 2 lbs up the next day it is usually water retention probably from too much sodium.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

Exactly. Don't beat yourself up, and just keep going.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    That was yesterday...can't change it. Don't beat yourself up. Have a great day today, and the next day...
  • witness7
    witness7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Remember your past failures doesn't form your future! The decisions you make today will! Stay motivated my friends!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on motivation- rely on consistency. One day isn't going to undo everything.