Not as hungry?

Options
Has anyone else found they aren't as hungry since they've begun losing weight? I started my day off with two pancakes and 3 pieces of chicken bacon. I found I was only able to eat one pancake. This has been going on with meals since I've started.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When did you start?
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    about a month ago
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people do find a drop in appetite when they first start restricting...just be conscious that your hunger might come back with a vengeance at any point.
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I found that when I started losing weight, I was forced to eat more well-rounded meals, meaning that I had to eat more protein, fiber and I started taking a multivitamin so that I wasn't starving all the time.

I've found that I'm not as ravenously hungry as I was when I weighed more, and I think it's because my body is getting all the nutrients it was craving. Before I would eat not very nutrient, high-fat and high carb foods, and would be hungry all the time. Now, even though I eat less often and in smaller portions, my body is getting everything it needs, so the hunger is less extreme.

So yeah, I understand. That said though, there are still many nights where I just wanted to eat an entire jar of peanut butter and all the pizza and cheesecake... I survive though. Haha.
  • GoMom2016
    GoMom2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for almost a month too and I am finding I'm not as hungry either. But I think that's because I am eating better/more filling foods and drinking more water. Also, I'm learning that my hunger wasn't always true hunger, sometimes it was "boredom hunger".
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too for me! About two weeks in I was getting full, faster. To were now (day 25) I get really full with my portions at dinner time that are measured according to servings.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yep, same with me. I get satisfied with smaller portions now. It's get to the point where I don't have boredom hunger, I get bored while eating so stop!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've been at this about a month and a week, and I feel you. I'm struggling to make my calories right now. I figure my stomach has shrunk from not stuffing myself all the time. I was definitely more hungry during week 1 of "dieting"