Starting my journey to healthy redemption. Looking for suppo

Options
Good morning everyone!

I have found myself struggling with my weight since the birth of my son three years ago. I realized I needed to get serious about getting healthy after i struggled with 15 minutes running after a soccerball with my son. I'm a 23 year old female who has done all the planning and research but have yet to manage staying on track for more than two weeks, I'm hoping to find some friends to help hold me accountable and build my motivation. Are you there?

Starting Weight: 190lbs
Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Replies

• nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!!
  • crystalfndz
    crystalfndz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    appreciate the support. what do you feel has been most helpful on this site?
    i've tried tons of different sites and i guess i haven't found my nitch, perhaps ill find success here? Cheers!
  • mariseliz
    mariseliz Posts: 3
    Options
    I have such a hard time after the two week mark too! I'm 24 and seems that I don't have the will I did just a few years ago. I'l help you stay motivated! I just signed up for this earlier today, so I am definitely in need of motivation and friends during this weight loss journey.
  • nmescalera
    Options
    Honestly all the friends on here are great!!! Being able to see other peoples success and know hey if they can do it so can i. I know i can i spend more time on here than on my FB now!! lol
  • crystalfndz
    Options
    I deactivated my facebook page last night. Perhaps if I spend as much time here as I did on facebook, I'll find myself more intune with my goals! i just downloaded the app for my iphone so here goes to new social utility!
  • nmescalera
    Options
    I also like on here that you can ask a question and you get all kinds of responces. You different peoples opinions from different walks of life. People on here make it easy to stay motivated. i have never been able to take weight loss serious till i got on here! :0)
  • crystalfndz
    Options
    i have to admit that in just these few minutes I feel very welcomed! Thank you!
    :smile:
  • nmescalera
    Options
    Your Welcome!!!! lol
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wecome! i started 11 days ago and am SO glad i did...the people on here are wonderful and make you feel so good about yourself. i have a hard time staying motivated when it comes to diet/exercise but i have exercised every single day for the past 11 days thanks to my friends on here and the inspiration i get from reading peoples success stories. good luck girl :)
  • ugh1
    ugh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MFP's easy-to-use interface and straightforward design makes it very attracting to someone who relies on themselves to figure things. What motivates me at the end of the day to record my calories was how it automatically posts how many days you've logged on in a row when you hit a milestone, and it's so much harder to resist the temptation of getting an even higher number than previous. It's easy to to record on here versus my previous attempts at manually writing it down. Combines fun (it's sort of like Facebook to be honest) and health!
  • ugh1
    ugh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MFP's easy-to-use interface and straightforward design makes it very attracting to someone who relies on themselves to figure things. What motivates me at the end of the day to record my calories was how it automatically posts how many days you've logged on in a row when you hit a milestone, and it's so much harder to resist the temptation of getting an even higher number than previous. It's easy to to record on here versus my previous attempts at manually writing it down. Combines fun (it's sort of like Facebook to be honest) and health!
  • Damnee_27
    Damnee_27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Totally get what you mean by doing all the research and not being able to apply it. I've studied diet and exercise and it still hasn't made lossing the weight any easier :) But MFP definitely does! Seeing all the nice comments after you've done pretty much nething heatlh related is such great motivation! as is the logging! so Welcome!!
  • karisbrandes
    karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find the iPhone app helps me a lot too. Then as soon as I eat something I can record it and see how much I have left to eat for the day.