The Wild Diet

reba020
reba020 Posts: 55 Member
Has anyone tried The Wild Diet? Is it effective? Any help would be helpful.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    It looks like a spin on Paleo. If you're willing to give up certain foods, it could be a way to create a calorie deficit. But it also looks like it includes some foods that it would be easy to over-eat (at least for some people).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Any diet that cuts foods such as white flour, white sugar, high fructose corn syrup and industrial seed oils from corn and soy, sounds good to me.
    I'm high good carb and avoid those foods anyway.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Any diet that cuts foods such as white flour, white sugar, high fructose corn syrup and industrial seed oils from corn and soy, sounds good to me.

dont think theres anything wrong with the half teaspoon of organic fair trade "white" sugar i had on my grapefruit this morning.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    If it seems tasty and cool, do it!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    This guy at my work is on this fad diet now. The other two he tried didnt work. He told me he puts butter or something wildly ridiculous like that in his coffee with this one. He probably will fail at this one too. I dont even get into it with him anymore. After the 2nd fad diet he got on i told him about how he can just weight his food count calories and eat less calories than his body burns to lose weight/fat. He snickered and told me no thanks...
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    fishshark wrote: »

dont think theres anything wrong with the half teaspoon of organic fair trade "white" sugar i had on my grapefruit this morning.

There's nothing wrong with any carbs at all, regardless of if someone refers to them as 'bad'. You're fine here.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Scamd83 wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with any carbs at all, regardless of if someone refers to them as 'bad'. You're fine here.

haha i know i was being snarky
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    It's relatively similar to keto. There are quite a few keto-ers around- myself included!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member

Yayyyy! Someone who buys fair trade <3
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    My husband and I just started the wild diet yesterday. It appears to be a combination of paleo and the whole30 plans. My husband loves that he can still eat steak and bacon cheese burgers and doesn't even miss the bun. I gave him hard boiled pasture raised eggs today and he said they were better than regular eggs. I've been eating clean for a while so it's not that big of a stretch, but we are eating the highest quality, farm ingredients. However, that can get very expensive. We still have eat out days, we just eat at farm-to-table restaurants. My goal is that we each lose 10 pounds in the next 30 days although the plan boasts that you can lose 20 pounds in 40 days. Feel free to friend me and follow my progress!
  • brinkbodin
    brinkbodin Posts: 11 Member
    I read the book and listen to the podcasts. Tried it for a while but found myself becoming super low on energy due to lack of carbs. Starting wanting to gorge on sugar at the end of the day. The recipies are delicious.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    reba020 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried The Wild Diet? Is it effective? Any help would be helpful.

It's another rendition of the Paleo diet and too restrictive for my personal preference.

Is it effective? Sure, like any other diet, if you stay in an energy deficit you will lose weight/fat, if you don't then no it won't. Don't confuse the how and why as it pertains to the question of will a diet work or not work for you.

There is nothing special about it in and of itself. You have to ask yourself, does it align with my own personal preference? If yes, do it, if no, do not.

Adherence is the #1 factor with success or failure.
  • Shine73
    Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    I have been following it since April 9th, though not super strictly (example: I have cheat meals once or twice/week, also, I just realized the other day that most of the dark chocolate I was eating has soy in it :( ). I've lost about 10 lbs without fretting over calorie counting, and have (amazingly) curbed my otherwise out-of-control sweet tooth (a MAJOR coup for me) for the first time in my life. All of this while dealing with some pretty stressful, life-changing stuff in my personal life (which would usually spell grabbing for sweets & starchy comfort foods and weight gain). Win/Win, if you ask me. I'm now onto the next 30 days & working on adding more exercise.