a LOT to lose...

Options
Hi Folks.
Name's Sara. I'm 31, living in New Hampshire, working near Boston in software.
I've had weight and food issues my entire life, and recently have been diagnosed with OA in my knees, hips, and spine. I also have Fibromyalgia. As you can imagine, this makes it quite hard to get active.
However, it's time for a BIG change. I have a LOT of weight to lose. My BMI is currently 51. I'm basically twice the size of an average person of my height (5'5'') and it's certainly having an impact on my general health.
I've started tracking my food and have started slowly getting more active; it's quite a process but I am determined to get it done and starting shedding some pounds and getting healthier.

Anywho- that's me in a nutshell. If you want to get in touch, please feel free. It would be super helpful to hear from anyone in a relatively similar situation

Replies

• fairylady1962
    fairylady1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara
    Your health sounds just like mine but I am a lot older than you. I started out at BMI of 60+.Like you the fibro, OA and other health problems have stopped me exercising but any movement helps. I have lost 20kg in the last 7 months with just diet so it can be done. I still have over half my weight to lose . I low I am older and live in the UK but you are welcome to add me.
    Good luck with your weight loss journey you have made that very important first step
  • bummy1981
    bummy1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara! I am 34 and live in Nebraska. I am starting this journey once again to lose weight but this time it is different. I am ready for a change. My body aches and I want to feel better!! Feel free to add me to your community! We can keep in touch and help each other stay focused! Good Luck!! One day at a time, some days one hour at a time!!
  • gomezyolkaris9
    gomezyolkaris9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Sara
    I share your situation
    And also
    I just start myfinesspall
    And love it
    In 4 days lots 1 pounds
    Is great to hear people just like me
    Great motivation