Eating All Of Your Calories In One Meal

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few times... it doesn't work for me. Even if I have a huge meal at 10am, I'm always hungry when 6pm hits.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I eat very little during the day and "save" all my calories for a big dinner. Agree with others that if my big meal was at lunch I'd probably just keep eating, so it only works because my big meal is at the end of the day. Also, from personal experience of someone who eats a lot of big fast food meals, I think they would average the same but the scale weight of the person eating big meals (esp. if fast food) will be a lot more erratic from just sodium and volume of food, especially if eaten at night when most of us weigh in the morning.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    My husband has eaten this way his entire adult life.

Mine too. More or less.

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    If you can do it, sure. You're still getting your calories and your nutrients.
    While I like a heavy dinner, I get hungry at breakfast and lunch so it's not for me.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat your calories. All at once or spaced out, your body will use them the same either way. If youre eating the same amount either way, then the choice of when to consume them is up to you.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did this at the recommendation of an acupuncturist. I knew better at the time, but followed it in a moment of weakness. I did it for 45 days and then went off. It was horrible (for me). It really doesn't matter, weight loss isn't helped or hurt as a result. The acupuncturist's theory was you could eat whatever you want one time per day and not track calories or care about what you're eating because it would be hard to overeat. I lost a bunch of weight but was irritated, cloudy head, tired, and couldn't train. I know a lot of people do this, but it was a disaster for me. When I went off it, I basically continued eating whatever I wanted but now whenever I wanted and gained the weight back with interest. I've been so much more successful focusing on CICO and meal planning.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In theory, yes. It would be REALLY hard to stick to it, though.

Unfortunately I think a lot of my friends eat this way and it is how they stay thin (not healthy, but thin). I have a theory that this is also how they can drink so much alcohol without gaining noticeable weight. They eat all their calories in one large meal, then drink whatever remaining calories they have. I can't live like that, I'm too hungry during the day lol.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes but not often. If there's a dessert for example I want at night that's calorie dense and will not keep me full, I save all my calories for dinner to ensure I'm full until the morning :)
  • JemPuddleduck
    JemPuddleduck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to only eat once a day, would probably faint at some point during the day. On the other hand I have calculated what I would usually eat at than italian restaurant, three courses and it comes to 200 calories more than my daily allowance. Kinda gutted aha