Question for people trying to lose 75 pounds or more...

Options
When did people start to notice your weight loss? Around how many pounds? I have only lost almost 20 pounds and I can't tell a bit of difference. My measurments are smaller, but I don't feel the least bit smaller and no one else has noticed at all either. I take pics every few days and can't notice it in the pics either. Not even my face looks slimmer :( I am just excited for someone to really notice, so I wondered when everyone else started to really notice your weight loss?? I say people trying to lose 75 pounds or more because I am trying to lose a lot of weight so I just want more accurate answers that are fitted to my weight loss personally to get a better idea when it becomes noticable.

**ETA - for those with bigger weight loss goals I would love for you to add me as a friend, so I can have some more friends with similar WL goals :)

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I personally started noticing around 30-40lbs, I have lost 85 so far and can tell a huge difference
  • scouterdee
    scouterdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree 30-40 lbs as thats 2 sizes but don't be discouraged, keep going !!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I would say people started to notice at around 40 pounds. I'm now down 84 pounds in 6 months and now it's a massive difference. Always loved (NOT) the "I can really tell in your face" comments. LOL. Hang in there, you're doing great.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for an 80# loss overall. I've lost nearly 10# and no one, not even I, can really notice. I'm tall, so my weight is more spread out. But it still seems like such a significant weight decrease without having any visual results. I'm trying to not let it discourage me. Hopefully, by the end of July, I'll have visible and noticeable results.

Don't give up!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Yup - around the 30-40 pound mark people started noticing. I actually had people say they couldn't notice I'd lost weight cause my clothes were getting too loose...really? :noway: LOL! Now I'm down 62 pounds and everyone is noticing!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs. to lose. I started getting comments around 35 lbs. down.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    30 pounds for me also.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm down 15lbs and cant tell a difference at all! So i would like to know the answer too, thanks for asking!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the weird one here. I'm 6 feet tall & @ my heaviest was 256lbs. I started noticing I felt different after just a 5-7lb loss, & my boss and a close friend noticed after the same amount! Even tho I'm so tall it's always obvious when I gain or lose a few pounds, probably because of my body shape (hourglass).
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    When did people start to notice your weight loss? Around how many pounds? I have only lost almost 20 pounds and I can't tell a bit of difference. My measurments are smaller, but I don't feel the least bit smaller and no one else has noticed at all either. I take pics every few days and can't notice it in the pics either. Not even my face looks slimmer :( I am just excited for someone to really notice, so I wondered when everyone else started to really notice your weight loss?? I say people trying to lose 75 pounds or more because I am trying to lose a lot of weight so I just want more accurate answers that are fitted to my weight loss personally to get a better idea when it becomes noticable.

I didn't notice My Own weight loss until over 50 lbs. and My clothes were hanging off. Others noticed at about 40lbs. All depends on how large you are when you began losing wt and how you carry your weight. Just believe in the scale and your clothes, Trust Me, when it is time, people will notice.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's a good question! I have a lot to lose to...over 100 lbs. I've lost 20 lbs before, and didn't even know that I had until someone said something and I got on the scale.
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started noticing about 20-25 pounds that I felt lighter and more comfortable but most other people didn't notice til about 30-35 pounds. But that could be because I finally switched to some smaller tighter clothes around then???
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Thank you all! Doesn't seem like I am too far off. Just gonna hang in there I suppose ;)
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    People started noticing my husband and I after 15 lbs. His family noticed at a wedding and complimented us. My Mom, 2 younger sisters, husband and I are in a Biggest Losers competition so we not so much notice one another but size each other up and look at the losses as motivation to lose more and win the competition.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    I've lost 15 and while my measurements have gone down some I think I lost all 15lbs in the face, so I just keep getting the...well I can see a difference in your face. Course I wear huge baggy t-shirts too cause I wanna keep what's not looking so good covered. Hopeing to be able to see more of a difference soon. I took pics when I started my 30 day shred so I hope at least I will see a difference then whether or not anyone else can
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    It was about 30 for me too...hang in there girl, won't be long :)
  • Yamiko1012
    Yamiko1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am trying to lose 100 and so far i have lost 27 i went down a size but i cant really tell nor can anyone else my belly hangs a little loser but other than that i still feel as fat as i was when i started hopefully another 10 or 15 i will see the difference

SW 286
    CW 259
    GW 240 7-20-2011
    Over all Gw 185
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I got the first comments from people around 18-20lbs down, but these were people that KNEW I was trying to be healthier. I think it became REALLY obvious to everyone around 40-50lbs down, and that's when I also saw the biggest changes, myself.

There are days I look at myself and I don't see any changes at all, and I still feel like I weigh 260lbs. Most of the time though, I feel great and confident and I KNOW I look so different. I finally purged most of the clothes that were too big from my waredrobe, and that makes me feel a lot better, too.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    People are just now noticing and I have lost 25 pounds