Help! I have been the same weight for about 2 weeks!

Options
OK.... I used to eat WHATEVER I wanted and I NEVER worked out. for the past 4 weeks I have seriously changed my diet and I work out 5 or 6 times a week for an hour at a time. When I started, I lost about 8 pounds but for the past 2 weeks I have stayed right about 130-131. How can that be? I have made serious changes. Why can't I get rid of this GUT? Help!

Replies

• MizzCNyle
    MizzCNyle Posts: 40
    Options
    Are you eating back all your work out calories?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements? You could be losing inches. Don't just go by the scale alone.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    At your current weight of 129 the pounds really come off slow, if your set at losing 2 pounds a week I would change your settings to lose 1 pound per week. Im down to 150 and having a hard time getting into the 140 range
  • kirst8489
    kirst8489 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hmm if it was me id increase my exercise and really work hard, id eat no more than 1200 calories and id make sure i dint eat after 6pm - remember you are at the goal point of your weightloss so its gonna be harder for you to lose weight now then it would of been at 20lbs to go! just increase ur workouts and maybe introduce new things like dancing/zumba sit ups ect.. and what skwilson1990 said do your measurements aswell as some times you lose weight in inches rahter by the pounds! xx
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements? You could be losing inches. Don't just go by the scale alone.

This, a million times this. A lot of times for me, I notice my weight is really about the same. However my clothes are fitting better, there's definition in my legs, little things make the difference. Your shape might be changing, just not the number on the overrated scale!
  • FoxxyGirl84
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat over 1000 calories a day and eat healthy. I am a big fan of fast food and fatty food. Since Im eating healthy now, I don't like to eat as much because I can only eat so many carrot sticks and fruit, ya know.

And... I see that its really slow. :( I guess I expected it to be faster since I changed my lifestyle so much. I run almost every day and I add in some P90X here and there. I feel like this is wayyy too much work to see so little change

I didnt measure my legs and arms, just my waist and it's not changing very much. My stomach is the only part of my body that I really really dont like so it's my focus. 129 may seem small but let me tell ya, I have a GUT.

I am losing my motivation. Will it ever pick up?
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Also, with the amount of working out you do, your muscles could be holding water due to the strength training. I would give it a couple more weeks and make sure your drinking atleast 64 ounces of water a day
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    if your under 1200 calories then that is to blame. it sounds odd but the more you intake of healthy food, that is feeding that muscle you are creating by working out, the more you'll loose.but if you cant feed them to make them change then you wont see it. Plateaus are hard and happen to everyone. I'm there right now. But you just got to keep it up! Go snoop through other people's food diaries if you need help, carrot sticks and veggies arent the only options. You can have things you crave by substituting them with healthier options. Hungrygirl.com does wonders with this. Sign up and she'll send you awesome emails and recipes switches. You will see a change i promise, as long as you keep doing the great exercise program you are already doing and adding in a few of those calories your body is missing. And MayhenModels is right Chug that water!

Good luck, you got this!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat over 1000 calories a day and eat healthy. I am a big fan of fast food and fatty food. Since Im eating healthy now, I don't like to eat as much because I can only eat so many carrot sticks and fruit, ya know.

1000 cals + running+p90x=doomed to fail