Watching TV and trying not to eat

Options
I love to watch some TV shows, but everytime I watch TV I start to think about food. I just ate a piece of homemade bread with spray butter, it is 11 pm and I wasn't even hungry. How do i break this?

Replies

• cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love to watch some TV shows, but everytime I watch TV I start to think about food. I just ate a piece of homemade bread with spray butter, it is 11 pm and I wasn't even hungry. How do i break this?
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Im no expert but maybe drink water... it helps me when I think Im hungry. Let your body know who is boss! I also dont watch much tv though but I dont think that's the point is it.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem - sometimes I sip a mug of diet hot chocolate or coffee or something that I consume slow - like hard candy.
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Brush your teeth...I read somewhere that when you are craving food but are not really hungry...if you brush your teeth with a minty toothpaste it is supposed to curve the appetite. It acually works for me...plus once I brush my teeth I don't allow myself to eat again. But they say it is something in the minty flavor that curves your taste buds...this especially works when you crave sweets.
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Take up a hobby that you can do with your hands while you're watching TV. I like to crochet while I watch movies. Keeps your hands busy and you won't even think about eating.
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i watch TV laying down on my side with a blanket over me. in this position it would be incredible awkward to eat, plus the blanket makes me not want to get up to go get food.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Go to bed. It's 11pm...don't you have to get up early like the rest of us?? :yawn:

Jello. I like to keep Jello pudding on hand so if I want to snack, I know it's not a deal breaker.
  • Rockies08
    Options
    I pet our dog or one of our cats. they'll come lay on me and i don't want to get up for anything because it's so comfortable. My aunt used the hobby idea and took up knitting. It works for her even when she's not watching TV
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hot tea!

Are you a girl? Why not paint your nails? The drying paint will make it bothersome to get food.
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lots of great Ideas....Thanks.