Fit Friday

Hey everyone !!! Super happy and energized today because Im down to 187.5 (started at 217). Ive been really sticking to eating healthy but tonight I might have a little trouble :neutral: Im going for dinner and im not sure what i should order ! I know some restaurants have healthy options but, im a sucker for cheese loaded pasta !!!! Maybe i'll do a half order with no garlic bread ??? What do you get when you go out to eat ?

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    If you only do it rarely I would indulge this time.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    LOL NNOOOOOO . Could a cheat meal break my entire week's effort ??? I could stick to a chicken ceaser salad which i also really enjoy !
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    Then do that :)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Chicken Caesar salad has way more calories and fat than you think. Might be as much as a half order of the pasta you like. Caesar dressing is very fat and calorie heavy. I would look it up and then decide. Maybe a green salad and a half order of the pasta dish, skip the garlic bread.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    LOL NNOOOOOO . Could a cheat meal break my entire week's effort ??? I could stick to a chicken ceaser salad which i also really enjoy !

Totally depends on your deficit.

0.5 lbs per = possible you could maintain for the week
    1 lb per week = unlikely...worst case you might just decrease it to .5lb
    2 lb per week = extremely unlikely....maybe decrease to the 1-1.5 lb range

No matter what though I would expect to see some water retention the next couple days from the sodium.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    I also really like soup ! Maybe if i stick to a broth based soup it would be better then a clam chowder or loaded potato soup lol.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    I also usually order a ceaser when i go out because i don't go out that often i like to treat myself to a drink ,
  • Matthewdouglas0
    Matthewdouglas0 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2016
    If you have been strictly sticking to your calorie target for at least the last two weeks, you could treat tonight as a re-feed (more info: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm) Essentially, take your maintenance calorie amount (mine is 2,800 for example) and then add 20% to that (so for me, 560 + 2800 = 3360) and eat that number of calories for one day as a way to reignite your metabolism after weeks of eating at a deficit. I have been doing it the last month and have had significant losses after doing it. Plus, I have something to look forward to every other week.

EDIT: To clarify also, this should only be about one day every two weeks, and the two weeks in between, I am eating at a 800 to 1,000 calorie per day deficit (2,000-2200).

Also, the additional calories over your usual target (for me, 3360-2000 = 1360) should come from, as much as possible, carbohydrates (except high fructose corn syrup, i.e., soda, syrups, frostings, etc.)

Good luck!
  • 2blessed08
    2blessed08 Posts: 10 Member
    Congrats! You could always do a protein and veggies or a side salad. It depends on what's most important for you. You can still eat good and have a drink or two or eat good then get a desert. Have fun.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I indulge in cheese pizza at least...every other week. Tasty fat, carbs and protein. Go for thin crust maybe?
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    I like to order grilled salmon when I go out, with green salad w/ vinaigrette. Filling and helps me stick to my calorie macros. I never get filled up on pasta -- just want more. But everybody has to figure out what works for them. A weekend favorite dinner out is at Indian restaurant -- tandoori chicken or shrimp with raita (cucumber yogurt sauce). Sometimes I ask the waiter to have chef make me a vegetable dish too of spinach and cauliflower. Really spicy and delicious (called vegetarian Sagwala w/out any cheese).
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    I'm going out tonight too, and I've already pre-logged my order plus drinks. I managed to bank some exercise calories during the week and will also do a workout today to make it fit, plus I'm not going to eat much during the day so I will enjoy it even more as I will be hungry! :D

Have you tried actually logging an estimate of the meal you want to see how many calories it actually is? At 187lbs your TDEE is probably close to 2000 calories per day, right? So you could easily have a light lunch, smash a 1500 calorie dinner and barely go over maintenance. Think of it this way - one day of eating at maintenance just means that you will reach your goal one day later than you would have otherwise. Just maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple days afterwards if you tend to get discouraged by water weight gains!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member

It sure could, I did this week but it was my wedding so surely no regrets. Ive been reading your posts, and given your goals I say you get the salad, dressing on the side. Don't eat the butter loaded croutons.

I was going to meet my calorie goal today by having two slices of pizza, but decided to come in a little under by having one slice and a lean cuisine to fill myself up. Close in calories but just a slightly better choice. You can do it!