tips for people going on vacation

Options
So on Saturday I am leaving to go to New York to visit family:happy:
I am excited about going, but I will be gone for 5 days without being anywhere near my work out machines and in a place where it will be hard for me to watch my calories because of the amazing food

Even worse, I won't be able to access the internet to go on MFP, which really keeps me in check with my calories.

My time there is pretty much booked solid, so I know I won't be able to find time to just go on a run or walk to get some good exercise in.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I've been off to an amazing start these last couple weeks of being on MFP and I don't want to undo all my hard work with just a little vacation! :grumble: :ohwell:

Replies

• CrystalClear
    Options
    So on Saturday I am leaving to go to New York to visit family:happy:
    I am excited about going, but I will be gone for 5 days without being anywhere near my work out machines and in a place where it will be hard for me to watch my calories because of the amazing food

Even worse, I won't be able to access the internet to go on MFP, which really keeps me in check with my calories.

My time there is pretty much booked solid, so I know I won't be able to find time to just go on a run or walk to get some good exercise in.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I've been off to an amazing start these last couple weeks of being on MFP and I don't want to undo all my hard work with just a little vacation! :grumble: :ohwell:
  • mlstephens84
    Options
    when you are faced with a food decision, think about what you would eat if you were logging on to MFP. write down everything you eat and try to borrow a computer or find a library or internet cafe to log and report what you are eating. Myabe you can recruit a family member to help keep you on task? i'm leaving tomorrow to visit family in CT and i've already called and talked to my cousins about my weight loss efforts (down 20 lbs already!) and they are going to support me as much as they can while i'm there.

just do the best you can, and remember that if you mess up, it just takes one decision to get back on track!
    have fun!!
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try to wake up a little early and take a 30 minute walk! Bring a family member with you so you can visit and walk at the same time!
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you have a pretty good grasp on how many cals are in things, you could just write down or mentally estimate...other than that, what i would do is try to focus on portion size and not eating if i'm not hungry. that way the amount you are eating will still be controlled, even if your calories aren't.

finally, i wouldn't worry TOO much. i mean..it is a vacation.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Write down what you eat on a post-it, so you don't get out of control. If you do eat out, see if someone wants to split a meal with you.