20 lbs by July 4th

Options
Sister's wedding coming up.From 188 lbs to 168 lbs.Any help guys!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    If 168 pounds is your final goal weight, no, you cannot lose that in a healthy manner over the next 11 weeks. With that little to lose, a more realistic weight loss goal is 0.5 pounds per week.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    11 weeks, with less than 75 pounds to lose...I'd aim for a 10 pound loss, personally. Maaaayyyybe 15.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    At 2 pounds a week give it a shot. If you don't make it, at least you tried. Use MFP to figure out the best way to do it. That being said, the other comments are probably closer to reality.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 166 to 155 in 9 weeks at 1320 cal average (I keep excel tables so this is my actual average since then) and no exercise (I can't walk much even). I'm 5'7.
    So you can go almost all the way in 11 weeks without much trouble. Especially if you can exercise too.
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How tall are u?
    Sister's wedding coming up.From 188 lbs to 168 lbs.Any help guys!

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I've gone from 166 to 155 in 9 weeks at 1320 cal average (I keep excel tables so this is my actual average since then) and no exercise (I can't walk much even). I'm 5'7.
    So you can go almost all the way in 11 weeks without much trouble. Especially if you can exercise too.

According to his other posts, OP is a 6'1" male, which you probably didn't know, but I think that means that your experience as a 5'7" female isn't extremely relevant for him. Also, not sure how your losing 11 pounds in 9 weeks equates to 20 pounds in 11 weeks being doable -- even if he lost at the same rate as you (which given that his starting BMI is lower than yours was, he probably shouldn't), that would only be a 13.4 lb. loss in 11 weeks.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Probably not- You're not overweight for your height, so a half pound a week is more achievable, which would give you 5-6lbs by the fourth.
  • marissarekush
    marissarekush Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started at 189 lbs and today I weighed in at 167.2 lbs. I started on Wednesday February 17, so approximately 8 weeks. My diary is open if you'd like to see what I've been doing (but note, Easter was in the middle of that and I went to Canmore for my birthday for 4 days so some days don't have full and accurate logging).

Oh, and I am 5'7", 23 year old female.
  • marissarekush
    marissarekush Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, whoops. I didn't realize OP's stats... I guess my comparison is somewhat irrelevant. Sorry!