Florida??

Options
Hey there, anyone from Florida? If so, what part?

I'm in Port Orange! :)

Replies

• 75lbsless
    75lbsless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Miami here!
  • heatherwoodard203
    heatherwoodard203 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @75lbsless Awesome! How are you doing on here?
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    St Pete here :D
  • 75lbsless
    75lbsless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @heatherwoodard203 excellent! I lost motivation for a bit but im back at!
  • gdavis34655
    gdavis34655 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New Port Richey
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @75lbsless that's great!
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @gdavis34655 awesome! How long have you been on here?
  • gdavis34655
    Options
    Actually committed to sticking to the program, two weeks this coming Monday.
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @gdavis34655 That's awesome! I've only been using MFP for 2 days, but I've been going strong with my plan for 1 week today... And I also quit smoking 1 week ago today too.
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @xynyth Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier! :) What are your goals for working out? How do you like St.Pete?
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @xynyth Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier! :) What are your goals for working out? How do you like St.Pete?

Well I had been hiking and exploring all the nature parks around me but now it's hot and buggy so I've been looking for something else. I just tried out an Aqua Zumba class last week and it was a blast! I think I'm going to try and stick with that until the kids get out of school in June, then I don't know what I'm going to do lol. I've lost 20 lbs since January so I'd like to keep on that pace.

As for St Pete, I love it here. I've lived in other nearby places like Tampa and I just didn't love it as much. Everything here is a little bit slower but there is always something to do, you're 5 minutes from some of the best beaches in the country, and our craft beer scene is amazing. Plus it's super dog friendly and dog people are usually pretty good people in my experience lol.
  • CharmzTheStarz
    CharmzTheStarz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the 32127 myself! :-)
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @CharmzTheStarz awesome! :)
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @xynyth That's awesome. Aqua Zumba sounds interesting.

As for beaches, im surrounded by them lol.
  • gdavis34655
    Options
    @gdavis34655 That's awesome! I've only been using MFP for 2 days, but I've been going strong with my plan for 1 week today... And I also quit smoking 1 week ago today too.

Best of luck in getting free from smoking. I broke free from the slavery of cigarettes 17 years ago. It was the very best thing I did for myself. I lost. 84 lbs that year and completed my first triathlon. You can do this one day at a time.
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options

Best of luck in getting free from smoking. I broke free from the slavery of cigarettes 17 years ago. It was the very best thing I did for myself. I lost. 84 lbs that year and completed my first triathlon. You can do this one day at a time.

Thank you, and so far I'm doing great with the quitting. I haven't wanted nor craved a cigarette since the day I quit.
  • gdavis34655
    Options
    You are rocking it! Keep it up!
  • novmom0413
    novmom0413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in Miami. Glad to know you all
  • novmom0413
    novmom0413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just interval walked 5 miles. Trying to deal with some mild depression after losing my dad. Want to deal without doing meds. Exercise has been proven to help. Felt great after the walk
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Melbourne, Fl. :)