Ideas for giving steamed broccoli flavor?

Options
1235»

Replies

• aduck2016
    aduck2016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a little shredded cheddar after its done cooking and it melts right in...I eat it 3-4 times a week like that!
  • ravenlair
    ravenlair Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wisk 1 TBS balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey and toss onto broccoli that has been roasted in a 350 degree oven until crispy edges. Salt and pepper to taste. Best.thing.ever.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lost cause. cooked broccoli is gross. toss it and find another veggie. LOL
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    I love my hot sauces too, but when I am trying to reduce sodium I like to use fresh jalapenos. I will steam them with my vegetables or grill them too. I also like to add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper. That's a good way to add the heat without the extra sodium.

^ this.

Also, roast the broccoli instead of steaming it. It's a completely different flavor and texture.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I roast it, then toss it with whole wheat pasta, some olive oil, red chili flakes and fresh parmesan.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings roasted broccoli or cauliflower dipped in a sauce combination of sugar free maple syrup and tapatio! So good! It's like a sweet/ spicy sauce with the salty buffalo broccoli
  • jayla73
    jayla73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use some olive oil and drizzle the broccoli lightly and I use the McCormicks lemon pepper seasoning on there. I usually go by smell or I eye it. Then I bake it till the broccoli is golden brown
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nutella.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like to top it off with some salsa verde and trader joes dragon sauce. I will honestly eat a whole bowl.

Crazy, that's exactly what I do

Or Frank's on the side for dippin'

Oh my gosh! That sounds amazing

It's good on chips too

No way! I've never thought to do that. You should try Garden of Eaten Red Hot Blues.

I live on them pretty much

They are sinfully delicious.
  • emotrashlord
    emotrashlord Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually add red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
  • emmincontrol
    emmincontrol Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I steam my broccoli, then lightly drizzle it with olive oil. I add garlic slices and salt and pepper. I shake it all up in a Tupperware and by the next day, the flavors blend wonderfully once the broccoli is reheated. It's so simple but so delicious.