Tallness

Options
Everyone says for my height that my weight is good, but I don't feel that way.

I'm 5'7, how much should I weigh?

Replies

• MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That depends on a lot of other factors like your frame size and muscle mass. From what I can see in your photo, it doesn't seem likely that you are significantly overweight.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Height?

If that's all you want to know look at a BMI calculator and it will give you the range.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and my goal weight is 143lbs. Anything under that makes me look unhealthy and gaunt.

What's your current and goal weight?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and holding steady-ish in the 140 range. My mom is the only one who has said I look underweight but she's been saying that for the last 20 lbs; I think I look ok but if I lost any more I probably wouldn't....
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Im 60. I'm 5'9" and I weigh 144. I've been told to eat a sandwich, girl, but I'm comfortable with having my photo taken and I don't avoid mirrors so I just ignore them. My BMI is just over 21, if that is important. I'm not sure it is....
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Everyone says for my height that my weight is good, but I don't feel that way.

I'm 5'7, how much should I weigh?

That's my height. I'm of average frame. I don't like to be under 135, it's too thin. I don't like to be over 155 unless it's due to muscle from lifting. Anything inbetween those two numbers is just fine with me, so long as I am maintaining some moderate exercise and eating in a way that makes my body run smoothly. That's a lot of play in the numbers and I'm good with that!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Differing frame sizes mean a fairly broad spectrum of where your ideal weight should be.
    I would guess from 136lbs to perhaps 155-160lbs, but this is just a guess and wouldn't factor in your fitness.

I'm small and am heavier than most at my height (5ft 2" /131lbs) but I've got lots of muscle. For everyone ideal weight is different and a personal choice.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It depends on your build. I am 5'9" and look fine anywhere from 125-140, but best under 135, as I'm built spare. Health wise you shouldn't go under 117lb or over 158lb if you can avoid it, that's the BMI estimate of where your health risk starts to increase.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and stick around 145, plus or minus a couple of pounds. Anything too much lower and I feel tired and cranky and miserable all the time.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree that it varies greatly on your body type. I'm 5'7" and I think I look best around 125, but I am not at all gifted in the curves department (regardless of weight). I start looking a little too thin around 120, but start looking too "puffy" until around 135.

Meanwhile, I have a friend who is my height and looks wonderful at about 140-145 rocking a hourglass figure.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you are feeling insecure, That's totally normal, especially as a young woman, but there isn't a magic weight that will cure that. Weights can look all sorts of ways depending on your body composition, so it's probably not the best thing to focus on. There are going to be a lot of different opinions about what size and shape you should be, and you need to own the one that works best for you and flip off the others. What are your actual goals? You want to be able to run fast? Have a six pack? Look thin? Be a competitive athlete? Have an awesome booty? Wear size 2 leather pants? Feel confident and badass? Different body goals require different kinds of work, some at odds with eachother. Some goals would be a lot more fun and empowering than others. Your weight will likely not be the defining factor. Your weight is most likely fine! Find some goals to smash so you can take pride in your body.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP are you coming back???
  • misschellechelle
    misschellechelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 130. My goal is 125 pounds.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with this question as well. I've looked at some "ideal weight" calculators and they seem pretty low. I'm 5'3" and my goal now is 127lbs. I'm not sure if that is the best goal but what I picked for now.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I seem to do best in the low 130's. I have a small frame though and not much muscle. (Recomping now but it's a slooow process.)
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I got down to 121 and my husband complained I'm too skinny.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and at goal at 158-162lbs (scale weight goal is 160)

At this weight I'm a UK 8-10 ...US 4-6 with a lean but still curvy body ..my BF% is around 22-23%

Nobody can give you a perfect weight for your height as it doesn't exist
    And your perfect body is built on your personal body aesthetic, frame size, musculature and most importantly confidence