My introduction

Options
Hi all,

I'm a 43 year old Christian male who has finally realized that if i don't lose the 80+ pounds on me that I don't need, I am going to start losing the most important things in my life, not to mention possibly life itself.

I'm ready to start. I just read a book and self diagnosed as a compulsive overeater. My worst, is of course fast food, specifically McDonald's breakfast. Somehow I have to stop my bad cycles.

I'm definitely looking for help and support. This is the first time I've reached out like this, so I'm going it goes well. Feel free to message me or friend me as I'm definitely looking for some role to dialogue with.

Dave

Replies

• fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Goog luck now is a great time to start. Mcdonalds was also a big one for me also totally addicted!!!
    The amazing thing about a lifestyle change is that change happens. I thought I'd never be able to get over my Mcdonalds addiction and I've had it once since I started my diet and I didn't like it. It just didn't satisfy me like it did before and really didn't taste all that great either.

Good luck and with God ALL things are possible!!! That means everything is possible - there isn't anything that cannot be accomplished with God. All means all. Nothing can stop you now!!!
  • LisaCMaxwell
    LisaCMaxwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome!! I too am a COE - I'm curious what book did you read?
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Goog luck now is a great time to start. Mcdonalds was also a big one for me also totally addicted!!!
    The amazing thing about a lifestyle change is that change happens. I thought I'd never be able to get over my Mcdonalds addiction and I've had it once since I started my diet and I didn't like it. It just didn't satisfy me like it did before and really didn't taste all that great either.

Good luck and with God ALL things are possible!!! That means everything is possible - there isn't anything that cannot be accomplished with God. All means all. Nothing can stop you now!!!

I think she said it all. :D
    You can do it I know you can you took the first step now you just got to stick to it. This place will get you thought it. It gets addicting after a wile. hehe
  • davephillips2011
    Options
    Thanks, I am definitely a person who needs encouragement and unfortunately I won't get it right now from the person whom I heed it most, my wife. I don't blame her at all....I've been telling her for years I would lose my weight. So all she hears right now are words. Well I'm going to show some action now! :happy:
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Why not ask her to go on a hike or walk with you. Make it a daily thing. It's a least a start.
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    action speaks louder than words
  • journeytofreedom
    Options
    So glad you invited me!! I, too, desperately wish to lose weight....I have over 2 of me in this body.....and YOU KNOW because you've known me both ways.....I hate my lack of energy, the big clothes I have to buy, etc. etc. To top it off when I was cleaning out my middle child's drawers I found a two notes that talked about how fat I am and how embarrassed she is, etc. etc. OUCH to the MAX!! So....I actually am participating in a group fitness program for women in my area, but I haven't been able to commit 150% due to work and school (taking classes). However, I'm dropping my summer II classes so that I may focus on some areas of my life that are in desperate need of attention. Thanks....looking forward to seeing how this goes. :-)
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There comes a time in all our lives where it really becomes a solitary decision to do something different, to make a big change. What matters most is that YOU make the decision and COMMIT to it. That's what you find here on MFP. Motivation to maintain your commitment to yourself.