Please Help I cheated so bad.

Options
I just had a 2 Pound burger from chee burger and a large milkshake. The worse part is I loved every part of it and I don't know if I can stop. Please help

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    That's a lotta burger. How many more do you think you'll eat? If you're not doing this all the time, it's not a gigantic deal.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Move on. If it's past dinner time and you're hungry have something light.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    no big deal as others have said

it happens to everyone sometimes we overindulge

just get back to it the next day
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Log it, and check to see if you have been over restricting your diet lately. The times when I eat the most, occur when I am eating too little, or trying to avoid specific foods. You might be surprised how little it effects your progress. Refocus tomorrow, but it's helpful to have an idea of what contributed.
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It happens, probably even to the most self-restrained of us. I find a "splurge" day even helps me in terms of weight loss, but that might be just me. Just don't worry about it, log it, and start a new day. :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Drink some extra water and get back on track. I went to Vegas a couple weekends ago, there were multiple milkshakes, a burger and several other bad choices involved. I'm still here, still going.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it for what it was and move on with your life.

What kind of help do you need? As Christine_72 says, You can't UNeat it. If your goal is to lose weight, then a big ole burger like that won't derail you unless you eat one everyday. You could call it your Bonus Meal for the week, log it and go back to your regular eating.

If you need someone to call you a piece of *kitten* and a failure, sorry to disappoint but I'm just not in the mood right now. I'm going on vacation and planning to enjoy a week of Kansas City BBQ and go hiking with some friends.

If you need an explanation of why you didn't lose 2 pounds this week, you'll know why.
  • rth_ramos
    rth_ramos Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thats okay.just get back on track the next day or mybe squeeze in extra activities to burn calories. I dont deprive myself too much. I have a cheat day. works for me
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    bigtons27 wrote: »
    I just had a 2 Pound burger from chee burger and a large milkshake. The worse part is I loved every part of it and I don't know if I can stop. Please help

LOLZ This place is full of people who have cheated before on a scale which makes that look like nothing and been fine. You haven't done a anything wrong here in the grand scheme of things. Just call it a cheat meal and try to leave a decent amount of time until your next one. Or even better, work this sort of meal into your calories. You could maybe cut 50 calories from your daily plan and after two weeks that'll be 700 calories you have to use on an extra meal. You've confused dieting for restriction when you clearly wanted a burger and milkshake. Dieting is just eating things you like in moderation, which can be achieved either via small enough portion sizes or limiting the frequency.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Cheating on your diet is not like cheating in a relationship. All it does is put you at square for the day, or a little over. It's all about getting back on the horse - if you can get back into it, there is nothing to worry about longterm.