Question for people trying to lose 75 pounds or more...

Options
2»

Replies

• Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this. I am just now at the beginning (2 weeks in) and I can't wait to have someone say they notice a difference.
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Some people noticed when I started wearing old clothes which was about 30 lbs down. Now that I'm down 30 more, random strangers in my neighborhood notice and feel the need to ask me what my secret it. It kind of freaks me out.
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    Honestly I noticed yesterday after I took my badge picture and I am down 78pds. Everybody else notices but I still sometimes see that same person I was but of course when you go shopping and you no longer are in that size 18 now a size 12/14 thats when it kicks in that you no longer are plus size anymore. So I think everybody is different. But Good luck on reaching you goal.
  • jaerie
    jaerie Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 21 pounds down on an 80 pound goal and I noticed around 19lbs that my work pants and shirt fit a little looser but visually and to anyone else, its not yet noticeable. Last time I lost a substantial amount of weight I was wearing the same clothes until i hit 190 and then bam, it was like insta-shrink.
  • Xcelnt1
    Xcelnt1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs my profile doesnt show the true number since I didnt start my journey with this program. I still can't tell a difference. Somone told me for every 10 pounds you lose that is a pants size well I disagree. I have a few people tell me my face is slimmer and that isnt the part I want thinner. I still have 75 lbs to go. You can do it don't give up. I am following a pretty basic plan 1200 calories a day and 30 or more minutes of Cardio(depending on what I can do that day) I didnt put this on over night so it won't go away over night I just wish it did. Good luck with your journey and God Bless
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I noticed myself about 20lbs. People didnt notice for a long time. But, losing 65 lbs and starting out at 305. I am still fat darn it all.:yawn:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 lbs, but I've lost a LOT of inches. People are just now noticing it (as am I). Inches matter more than weight, at least to me, when it comes to appearance.
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Honestly I noticed yesterday after I took my badge picture and I am down 78pds. Everybody else notices but I still sometimes see that same person I was but of course when you go shopping and you no longer are in that size 18 now a size 12/14 thats when it kicks in that you no longer are plus size anymore. So I think everybody is different. But Good luck on reaching you goal.

Oh I know, I'm still obese in my head.
  • sharisoto
    sharisoto Posts: 7
    Options
    I would say people started to notice at around 40 pounds. I'm now down 84 pounds in 6 months and now it's a massive difference. Always loved (NOT) the "I can really tell in your face" comments. LOL. Hang in there, you're doing great.
    Wow 82 pounds in 6 months! thats awesome... any advice? just starting out! Looking for friends too!
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a fair bit, however I've only just started trying again so I'm not noticing anything at the moment.

When I have done it in the past, I've lost around 15lb before I started to notice. I always notice my chin go down (god, I hate my chin....) first, but I don't notice my legs, bum, belly etc. I haven't got past 20lb in the past so I can't really say.

Even at 10lb, people have asked me if I have lost weight, and that they can see that I've lost weight from my face. The last time I tried, I could tell just from my clothes feeling a lot looser.

I can't wait to get to that feeling again. shame it takes so long.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    About 20 to 25 pounds people noticed something was different, but around 30, they really did.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I honestly noticed around 10 - 15lbs. Not much, but subtle changes. Other people started noticing around 50lbs or so. I started to get a lot of comments when I bought new uniforms that fit me.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I noticed around 15-20 only because stuff starting falling off. People noticed and started making compliments at that time as well. Initially I shrugged it off because I was also recuperating from a 3 mth illness and just thought I was looking better because I was regaining my strength. I still don;t see the difference in the mirror, but definitely see it in how my clothing fits and feel it in how my body feels.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    When did people start to notice your weight loss? Around how many pounds? I have only lost almost 20 pounds and I can't tell a bit of difference. My measurments are smaller, but I don't feel the least bit smaller and no one else has noticed at all either. I take pics every few days and can't notice it in the pics either. Not even my face looks slimmer :( I am just excited for someone to really notice, so I wondered when everyone else started to really notice your weight loss?? I say people trying to lose 75 pounds or more because I am trying to lose a lot of weight so I just want more accurate answers that are fitted to my weight loss personally to get a better idea when it becomes noticable.

**ETA - for those with bigger weight loss goals I would love for you to add me as a friend, so I can have some more friends with similar WL goals :)

I accept all friends request. I am vegetarian though if that makes a difference.
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Everyone at my job has noticed already. My face is smaller and my pants are baggy. I was wearing a size 16W and i now fit 14W. Just bought a new pair of jean yesterday. Not sure if i see it in my breast yet.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I guess I'm the weird one here. I'm 6 feet tall & @ my heaviest was 256lbs. I started noticing I felt different after just a 5-7lb loss, & my boss and a close friend noticed after the same amount! Even tho I'm so tall it's always obvious when I gain or lose a few pounds, probably because of my body shape (hourglass).

I'm in this camp...5'9", somewhere b/t hourglass and pear shaped. My husband noticed a change with the first 5 lbs, I am just starting to notice (not in appearance) that my clothes are no longer too tight.

You are doing great...keep it up and you'll hit that 30lb threshold in no time!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    30. Also was a size for me
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 100-115 pounds all together, so far I am down 49 and to be honest not a single person has noticed yet. Maybe it's because I was pregnant or maybe because I have been much smaller in my adult life, but so far nada :(