75 pounds lost with PCOS!

Options
ashleylmp
ashleylmp Posts: 40 Member
This week, I made it to 75 pounds lost from my highest weight! It's only taken me about 5 months to get this far, and even though I still have 100 to go, I feel SO much better. My periods are almost like clockwork, whereas since I was 16 (25 now) I would typically go 3-9 months without a period. Sometimes I feel a little silly for waiting this long to take control of my life, it's been so rewarding. Just know that it can be done :)

Replies

• Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful progress! Having several family members with PCOS, I understand that weight loss can be quite the struggle for those diagnosed. Keep up the good work! Best wishes on meeting your fitness goals!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • marchmommy0311
    marchmommy0311 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I too have pcos. Did you just count Cals or track macros also? This is so Inspiring
  • ashleylmp
    Options
    Congrats!! I too have pcos. Did you just count Cals or track macros also? This is so Inspiring

I've been counting calories like a madwoman haha. I bought a food scale for like $20 at target. By far the best money I've ever spent. It's made tracking everything so much easier. I completely quit eating gluten (after my beat friend had to give it up for his actual intolerance). I am not intolerant, but it gives me a boundary that I know I can't cross. By cutting out gluten, I don't eat bread (or any refined carbs), anything breaded/fried, or pretty much any fast food. That isn't for everyone, but it's been really good for me. I eat oatmeal every morning, and one to two servings of fruit per day. Other than that I don't eat any carbs. Of course there are a few carbs in veggies and things like a serving of ketchup, but I won't eat a typical full serving of carbs. I tried so many different ways of eating, and this has been the way that I can best control my weight and my hunger levels. I also only eat around 1100 calories per day. I know that isn't enough for lots of people, but I've tried eating 2000, 1800, 1500, etc and I just can't seem to lose weight very well at those increments. I'm sure it's because of the PCOS, but when I eat 1500 or more, I MIGHT lose a pound or two in a month. But eating 1100-1200 calories per day keeps me losing 2-4 pounds per week. Of course that will slow eventually, but even after losing the first 75 I keep losing just like I was at the beginning. I wish you the best of luck! If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to tell you anything you'd like :)
  • jeando123
    jeando123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just had surgery done in February due to pcos! I got 3 removed. 1 was massive. I just finally got done recovering and had started to hit the gym 5 days ago. This is inspirational. Keep going Ashley!
  • ashleylmp
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, everyone! :smiley:
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on finding what works for you :smile:
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!

Your situation sounds so much like mine... thanks for sharing. This gives me hope that I'll get mine back regularly someday and can start that family we've been trying so hard for!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!