Ladies, what does your strength training weekly routine look like?

Options
Do you work particular body parts one day? Could you please share which body parts you work each day(s) mom-fri so I get ideas on how to structure my week. Thanks!

Replies

• aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the "new rules of lifting for women". I just finished Stage 2 (there are 6 stages). I lift 3 days a week per the recommendation of the program. There are 2 different workouts for Stage 1-3 (not sure for the other stages as I haven't taken a peak at them just yet). The workouts target large muscle groups so it pretty much works the entire body. IE: yesterday's workout was deadlifts, bulgarian split squats, chin-ups (in lieu of lat pull-downs), reverse lunges, dumbbell prone Cuban snatches (those are hard but I love 'em!) plus some ab/core work. It ended with 15 minutes of hell, I mean interval training. =P

I have a rest day between the lifting days. On the rest days, I try to do a T25 workout so I can get more activity into my day and to de-stress. But you don't have to do anything on those rest days.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Running is my main activity so my strength training is supplementary to that. Generally the plan is to do upper body on a Saturday, lower body on a Tuesday, and a kettlebells class Thursday night if I can make it. I try and keep strength training at least two days before any speed training or a longer run than about 8km because it tires my legs out.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I started with Strong lifts 5x5 moved to SL 3x5 then Wendler 5/3/1

I don't do Isolation moves only compound lifts.

My current PR's are BP 135x3, squat 210x1, DL 1x235 and OHP 100x1
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well... a little unconventional but it looks like this...

39746_1387368679329_6884193_n.jpg?oh=dc4323ed7b8536f3278e0fc7e86e70cf&oe=57A9C2A5

Muscles worked.
    All of them.

I am about 50 pounds lighter now than when this was taken.

• KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do weighted exercises 6 days a week. Monday:legs, Tuesday:Back and abs, Wednesday: Shoulders and chest, Thursday: Biceps and Triceps, Friday:Full Body strength, Saturday: arms and abs. I also do cardio every day along with weight training
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    When my schedule is normal it looks like this.
    Monday - rest
    Tuesday - upper body
    Wednesday - lower body
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - upper
    Saturday - lower
    Sunday - rest
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I do weights 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I do a different body part each workout, sometimes a do a whole body workout each time. Sometimes I do low reps and high weight, sometimes higher reps and lower weights.

I also walk everyday and do more intense cardio 1-3 times a week (soccer tennis, walk/jog/sprint)
  • meaganseafit
    meaganseafit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My current split is: Day 1 - Shoulders, Chest, Calves, Abs. Day 2 - Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings. Day 3 - Back, Biceps, Abs. Day 4 - REST. Day 5 - Shoulders, Triceps, Calves, Abs. Day 6 - Hamstrings, Glutes. Day 7 - REST. But this is specifically designed for me and my weak points - if there are particular things you're wanting to work on, then it's best to hire a trainer or even just go to bodybuilding.com and look at some weightraining routines that you feel you might want to try! If you're a beginner, I'd suggest starting with a full body routine every second day, or an upper/lower split where you train upper, then lower, rest, then upper, and lower again, etc.